Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #1 
Sweeda88

My fish SCARED me, Oh, my God!

So, I was looking at Sequin, making baby noises at him like I always do. Suddenly, I noticed he was MISSING A PEC FIN! I started saying, OMG OMG OMG! I lifted up his tank lid to see where it might be, and then I looked down at him. It WASN'T missing. I don't know HOW he so perfectly hid his fin against his body, but there it was. Perfectly intact. The fish is CRAZY to do that to his mommy. I was like, "HUH?!" Silly fishy, and silly me.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #2 
Aluyasha

I know the feeling. These past few days Stahl has been sleeping sideways floating near the surface of the water. One of my past Bettas used to do this when he got older. He is not sick, just a weirdo. Stops my heart everytime. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

Also, Glitter STILL won't eat. He's TRIED the pellets, but spits them out. I crushed them into tiny pieces, since he's so small. But he STILL won't eat. He's only 1 1/4 inches from his nose to the START of his tail. He's also skinny! I'm worried he won't last much longer if he doesn't eat soon. I even tried Hikari pellets soaked in garlic juice. *sigh* lol, I hijacked my own thread.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #4 
Nutt007

Ah. I'm with you. Bloom, my Betta, got himself stuck to the filter intake! Then he popped off and did his little dance he does when he gets food. That sneaky lil' bugger.

I hope you have success with Glitter's food problem! I have the same problem with my betta Cirrus, he'll only eat freeze- dried bloodworms!
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #5 
Aluyasha

Hmm, that is a unfortunate yet, for some reason, common problem. I have no idea what to do about that one. Each Betta has it's own unique solution.
Abacus had that same problem when I first got him, he has had to eat only Betta flakes this whole time because it is the only thing he can keep down.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #6 
Jupiter

My girl kept spitting out her pellets during the first 5 days or so that I had her. As it turns out, she likes her pellets EXTRA soaked. Little prima donna.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #7 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
My girl kept spitting out her pellets during the first 5 days or so that I had her. As it turns out, she likes her pellets EXTRA soaked. Little prima donna.
Too cute! Apple (my dog not betta lol) likes his kibble pureed in the blender with water with only 3-5 crunchy bits, so I can totally relate :)
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #8 
chelsmarie23

You should see my fish when he sleeps! I came home last night and the lights in my room were off. Ignacio was just frozen at the surface of the water. It looked like he was dead!! I lifted the lid and he swam around like he was freaked out. But this morning he is swimming aroundas usual. *rolls eyes*
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #9 
Sweeda88

He seems to be eating some of the pellet pieces once they hit the bottom AND I'm no looking. I think he'll be fine. But thanks.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #10 
bettafreak33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
Ah. I'm with you. Bloom, my Betta, got himself stuck to the filter intake! Then he popped off and did his little dance he does when he gets food. That sneaky lil' bugger.

I hope you have success with Glitter's food problem! I have the same problem with my betta Cirrus, he'll only eat freeze- dried bloodworms!
My blue crowntail wont eat flakes.
bettafreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote