Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #1 
jessiepbg

Decoration Modifications

I've been looking for something to hide the filter in my new betta's tank and finally found something. I had to do a bit of creative decorating to make it work though. The plant was way too tall to fit right in my little tank, so I chopped it down to a decent size. I didn't realize it until I had gotten it put in and stepped back that I realized that with where his terracotta pot ended up, it looks like a potted plant that got knocked over. Excuse the awful lighting...

Remains of the original decoration:

Last edited by jessiepbg; 02-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.
jessiepbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM   #2 
Kittles

Quote:
I've been looking for something to hide the filter in my new betta's tank
Wait, there's a filter hidden in that picture? If so, a congratulations to you; I see nothing. I'm also surprised to see those leaves have sunk. Are they buried in the substrate?

As an aside, is the hole on the bottom of that pot sealed? I ask because bettas are notorious for getting their heads stuck in them which, obviously, is something I wouldn't want you to have to deal with. If it's open, you might want to pick up some aquarium sealant. Or a cork.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #3 
jessiepbg

Lol, I mistyped, it's a heater I was trying to hide. The hole in the pot is too small for him to even try getting stuck in, but I might seal the hole just in case, I didn't even think about using aquarium sealant. Part of the reason I didn't bother with it in the first place was because I couldn't bring myself to break the pot.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

His head can def. get stuck D: If you have any of that remnant stuff left, just shove it in that hole :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #5 
jessiepbg

Ooh, I might turn the pot around and shove the blades through the hole so they stick out of the pot. He never hides in it anyway.