Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #11 
LolaQuigs
Member
 
LolaQuigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MO
I know somone who keeps a betta and a guppy in an unfiltered, unheated one gallon container. He changes the water maybe once every two weeks. He also has a ten gallon with a betta and four guppies, which didn't seem so bad until I realized that, instead of doing water changes, he just adds more when it evaporates and the water level gets too low. He has done one water change and he's had that tank for about a year now. I hate it when people think they don't need to change the water if they have a filter. There are pieces of decaying food everywhere. He just doesn't listen. I'm amazed those poor fish are all still alive. :(
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #12 
Luimeril
Member
 
Luimeril's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Carolina
it's tough seeing it, but there's not much i can do about it. i could call animal control, but what will they do about it? :/ it's mostly the turtles and fish that are improperly housed, even though the dogs spend most of their time in the crates, i'm sure they'll lie and say "they're just in there while i clean" or something. x-X
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #13 
Aluyasha
Member
 
Aluyasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington
Unfortunatly, most people think that they are different from everyone else. As in, you tell them that this animal will die if kept like this and they just shrug and think "mine will not be like that".
I have seen that problem too many times. I knew someone that used to feed their dog chocolate and I told them that chocolate can kill your dog. But she just said, "well my dog is different".
Some people... I think the problem is humanity has developed too big of an ego for being 'the most important creature on earth'. Most humans (even subconsiously) think they are gods and are not subject to other beings problems. Like when I say something like how, compaired to most animals, humans eyesight, hearing and smell suck. And someone always has to say "well, mine is better that all of yours". And it is like, no we are all equally human.
Sorry for the novel. I just can never complain about this because the person I tell this to will say "well I am different". :/
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #14 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
Unfortunatly, most people think that they are different from everyone else. As in, you tell them that this animal will die if kept like this and they just shrug and think "mine will not be like that".
I have seen that problem too many times. I knew someone that used to feed their dog chocolate and I told them that chocolate can kill your dog. But she just said, "well my dog is different".
Some people... I think the problem is humanity has developed too big of an ego for being 'the most important creature on earth'. Most humans (even subconsiously) think they are gods and are not subject to other beings problems. Like when I say something like how, compaired to most animals, humans eyesight, hearing and smell suck. And someone always has to say "well, mine is better that all of yours". And it is like, no we are all equally human.
Sorry for the novel. I just can never complain about this because the person I tell this to will say "well I am different". :/
UGH I HATE when people are like that. Its like, "Um no your dog isn't different from the other ones. What makes it so different? "

Maybe the dog/fish/any animal seems to be doing fine the way things are, but it is usually not the case. Both animals and humans get sick sometimes but it only shows on the inside until it is too late. For example, the chocolate could slowly be poisoning that poor dog. Sometimes I really hate what humanity has come to.


Just to add it, last time we thought are lab got into chocolate, we literally flipped . We had to induce vomiting to get all the chocolate out and then we kept a close eye on her. I can't believe someone would purposely give it to ANY animal.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 02-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #15 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
it's tough seeing it, but there's not much i can do about it. i could call animal control, but what will they do about it? :/ it's mostly the turtles and fish that are improperly housed, even though the dogs spend most of their time in the crates, i'm sure they'll lie and say "they're just in there while i clean" or something. x-X
Maybe animal control could go when they aren't home? I don't know… but it kills me to think of animals suffering.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #16 
Aluyasha
Member
 
Aluyasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington
I also remember looking up on the internet about how to treat ich. And someone suggested pouring whiskey and red bull into the tank everyday!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #17 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
WTH!?!?!? That person is sick and cruel….

Last edited by dramaqueen; 02-13-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: profanity
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #18 
BettaHeart
Member
 
BettaHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
I also remember looking up on the internet about how to treat ich. And someone suggested pouring whiskey and red bull into the tank everyday!
thats just ummm.... maybe that person drank alittle too much of that concoction themselves.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #19 
Aluyasha
Member
 
Aluyasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington
He claimed that he always does that and his fish "have never been better". Of course, he fails to mention how long his fish actually live. :/
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #20 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
He claimed that he always does that and his fish "have never been better". Of course, he fails to mention how long his fish actually live. :/
Some people should be banned from all animals.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Betta 'Bowl' Rant Thread fishman12 Betta Chat 128 02-22-2011 08:48 PM
AT&T Rant shinybetta The Lounge 0 12-23-2010 12:17 PM
Rant/Anti Rant place. BettaGirl290 The Lounge 9 10-09-2010 10:34 PM
A Betta Rescuers Rant Zenandra Betta Fish Care 6 01-02-2010 02:46 AM
poor betta rant sazzy Betta Fish Care 12 01-30-2007 07:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.