Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #1 
Marona

My Babies<3

My first fish, Massacro. Who I call Acro<3 I just had to get something red. It's my favorite color. :D I didn't think he was what I was looking for but then I got him home and I was in love. He's such an adorable fish personality wise. And is not scared of me /at all./ Plus he's such a tiny fish, how can you go wrong? c:

My second fish I didn't think was going to live. And thanks everyone here for helping me pull him through what I think was a really bad ammonia burn. (I wish my flash didn't make the blue in his eyes disappear to yellow. D:)

He loves this spot in his tank.

A vid I uploaded of him being more energetic to show my friend who was also worried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKjJe4hBNI

And finally, my newest betta. As of yet unnamed. I take a while to name them. Feel free to suggest, but be ready for me to hate your name. LOL I'm so picky. My names all have meaning. c: To me and to the fish. I love this new fish. Even if his dragon scales are messy and not desirable. He looks like a koi fish because of his silly orange patterns that I think will get much more orange with time. (and color enhancing flakes :D)

Somewhere I can spam my new obsession, yay. :D
Marona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #2 
coolcucumber

Oh goodness. that last one is gorgeous :o im so jealous!
coolcucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #3 
Abby

have you got them in these type of tanks:

these are horribly small i have one, i bought it with the intention of putting and owning ONE betta, but i almost threw it out when i got the gravel in and a plant, its soooooooooooooo small.
mind you now i have 5 bettas
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #4 
Marona

I know. D: I have really limited space, like, really limited space. Just my room. :/ I know it's frowned upon, but I don't plan on keeping him in it his whole life. :c Plus I had him in there for QT while he was sick.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #5 
PewPewPew

^As long as you make the due effort to clean it, I see nothing wrong with it.
They have sales from time to time on ten gallon tanks at Petsmart with a hood/light/tank combo that are under $25 and are roughly the same size as what Id imagine the combo of your current tanks are, so you coul divide it by three and have an all-in-one!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #6 
Marona

I do. My betta are all very happy and healthy. I think the fact that I nursed Romulus back to health in my small tank shows that he's getting much better treatment.

What proves that is I went in to get more plants for my big 5gal and was taking to a lady I usually trust for info (cat info, at least) and she told me doing daily partial water changes (as suggested by OFL) was too much and I was going to do him in for it. I conferred that I was trying to ease what I believe was ammonia burn and she didn't care >:C!

The other worker around there was saying how she thinks her betta lived so long because she didn't clean it too much. And then my usually trusted employee says that people usually clean the tank too much! Ugh! If you take them out properlly it's not stressful. My first betta lets me change his decorations with him in there, he literally swims around my hand asking what I'm doing. God. -flustered-

Last edited by Marona; 02-05-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #7 
Marona

Countered* not conferred. Hard to edit on my droid.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #8 
PewPewPew

Well, too too many changes can be stressful, yeah- but theyre needed! People with like .5 gals need to do it like crazy, and I know from experience that it freaks them out x_x;

Sometimes pet store employees have good intentions, just wrong information.

(I like to correct them ;D)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #9 
Marona

Was just frustrating that she was saying that my changes could have been why he was almost completely unresponsive and wouldn't eat for four days. >:C when the fish I got from my local mom and pop shop were excited and happy when I got them home.

I would have corrected them but it was 2v1 and they wouldnt of listened.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #10 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
have you got them in these type of tanks:

these are horribly small i have one, i bought it with the intention of putting and owning ONE betta, but i almost threw it out when i got the gravel in and a plant, its soooooooooooooo small.
mind you now i have 5 bettas
yessss, the marina betta kit, i loathe it.
i got one and changed my mind about it after a day and went and got a 10 gallon instead back when.
i use it for measuring water changes now because it's half a gallon and = 1 drop of prime!
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote