Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #71 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My parents dont love my fish they will occosionaly show a slight interest. They try ans respect because they know its part of my intense addiction part of my Autism.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #72 
SnowySurface

I have a bunch of pet peeves. The easiest one to explain is when people call my explanations an excuse. Like, if I say, "Sorry I'm late, traffic was insane," the response I get is, "I don't want to hear excuses!" I wasn't making an excuse. I was letting you know that I'm late because of traffic and not because I didn't care enough to TRY to be on time.

There is a difference between passing the blame and explaining yourself. I explain myself. DX
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #73 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I like to explain why I am late or exolain why I did something.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #74 
SnowySurface

Exactly. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place because walking in with no explanation is rude but explaining what happen makes people think I'm "passing the buck". Either way I just can't win.

I tried getting to places super early, but then I'm imposing because the host/hostess doesn't know what to do with me. I can't show up early without getting in the way of an event being set up but I can't be late either. It's like I have a 15 minute window for "proper arrival". DX
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #75 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Human social skills are so weird to me.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #76 
SnowySurface

Human social skills make sense to me overall. The way people put so much importance or having 100% perfect social skills is what boggles my mind. Sometimes it the most minor social skill on earth that is blown out of proportion and used to demonize someone.

Everyone in my family knows I have a crappy sense of direction. My Mom brought me a GPS because I got lost for about 2 hours trying to drive to an event 20 minutes away because the map quest directions I printed were wrong. They know I can't take detours without getting lost unless my GOS tells me how. If my GPS doesn't direct me away from traffic, I'm stuck sitting in it.

I agree that always putting the blame on someone or something else is a poor social skill. However, if someone is going to berate me over it, learn the difference between blaming and explaining. I'm not saying I would have been on time if it wasn't for the traffic so it's the road's fault that I'm late. I'm just saying I'm late because I got stuck in traffic. As in, I put myself in the traffic and am now suffering the consequences. That is bot blame passing. >:(

*exhales*

That wouldn't bug me as much if family didn't KNOW. Instead of acknowledging that one of my social weakness is a sense of distance and time they put it in the "excuse pile". T_T

Except my family in Canton, MA. They are a bit more realistic about me arriving a little bit late for something when I'm traveling from NY to MA. XD
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #77 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with what Catfishbilly said about people judging you when they don't even know you. My neighbors are like that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #78 
Hershey

Prejudice is bad.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #79 
clopez1

I'm surprised no one mentioned my biggest peeve..When someone asks you a question then tells you that you are wrong when you give them the answer..I hate that..I always ask them why they bothered me when they already knew the answer. UGH.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #80 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clopez1 View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned my biggest peeve..When someone asks you a question then tells you that you are wrong when you give them the answer..I hate that..I always ask them why they bothered me when they already knew the answer. UGH.
Sounds like Yahoo.