Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #1 
WalmartFishCruelty

Walmart FIsh Cruelty

Walmart needs to stop selling bettas. The conditions are horrific, some barely have water, and they never get feed. We need this stopped soon, or thousands more will die. If you guys have a Facebook, please like our page to help us stop this. We have fourms, info, photos (coming soon) and othr stuff. Along with contact info to help us stop this.

Please help us stop!

http://www.facebook.com/walmart?v=wa...0790580?v=info

Thanks betta lovers!
WalmartFishCruelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #2 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmartfishcruelty View Post
walmart needs to stop selling bettas. The conditions are horrific, some barely have water, and they never get feed. We need this stopped soon, or thousands more will die. If you guys have a facebook, please like our page to help us stop this. We have fourms, info, photos (coming soon) and othr stuff. Along with contact info to help us stop this.

Please help us stop!

http://www.facebook.com/walmart?v=wall&ref=ts#!/pages/wal-mart-fish-cruelty/192382120790580?v=info

thanks betta lovers!
i joined!!!
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchiwolf View Post
i joined!!!
As did I.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #4 
ilovebunnies

ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #5 
Feral

My local Walmart has stopped selling Bettas, whether out of a new found sensitivity, all the bad press (from people who CARE) or because stocking $4 fish wasn't selling enough $30 aquariums and accesories I don't know but at least they've stopped. Poor fish....
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #6 
Sherleelee

Location: I now live in Vic, Australia but from Alberta Canada
Joined hope all walmarts stop selling ALL fish one day! i rember when i was back home in canada and would go to walmart....*shudder* soo many dead fish... one thing that has stuck with me is a mom was buying a gold fish from walmart and as the employee was getting it he scooped up like 2 other dead gold fish along with it..... and the moms daughter started crying... blah soo sad
Sherleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #7 
Biomess

Luckily our wal-marts, all three, stopped selling them about two years ago. I remember they use to have all their tanks freezing cold, not just the goldfish, tropicals too. they felt no more than 60 degrees Farenheit. It was so sad.

Petsmart is going downhill in my area, the last few times I've gone the bettas are floating in filth, found two dead, many listless. and one time they had sooo many that they were stacked 3 high. Aside from the threat of falling over if someone bumped the shelf, their only air hole was covered and their dirtyness was less noticable if they were buried...

Last edited by Biomess; 02-06-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: more info to add
Biomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #8 
koolkat5

Betta Cruelty

At least I never bought fish from Walmart. Only once because my cousin wanted some goldfish. However one died from ich. The Betta fish are treated like crap at my Petsmart. Once i went in and the fish were lying in their cups dead. a bunch of fish were sick too. Angry i left and a few days later i went to my mom and pop pet store (They treat their bettas alot better) and bought me a healthy male.
koolkat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #9 
Irish Dancing Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
My local Walmart has stopped selling Bettas, whether out of a new found sensitivity, all the bad press (from people who CARE) or because stocking $4 fish wasn't selling enough $30 aquariums and accesories I don't know but at least they've stopped. Poor fish....
Ya uh in ur avatar. is their rally a dog called a meth lab. Thats hilarious but it doesnt sound real.
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #10 
Irish Dancing Man

My walmart did stop selling bettas :). I've heard so much of this walmart betta stuff its getting annoying......... But they do need to stop selling.
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote