Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #1 
JKfish

I need 3 good reasons why....

Argh, Jennifer is selling the most adorable blue masked hmpks in the world >.> . As it is, I'm importing a fish, which I'm completely paying for, and she's my transshipper, so would it hurt to ask my dad to buy this little cutie as my b-day present? I mean, either way I'm paying for the shipping of one betta, why not two... lol, and dividing a tank isn't that hard...

Oh no, I'm being sucked under by this obsession... must, resist! Quick, someone give me three good reasons why I shouldn't go on a spending spree and buy the little guy! Lol, I seriously can't allow myself to get too many bettas, I've got a limit, but ohmygosh it's sooooo tempting...
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #2 
dragonfair

So, how many do you have now?

I was gonna give you 3 good reasons not to get another... then I saw the photo of the little beauty. Heck, go for it!
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

Ha! You use the same logic I do!
If I'm paying to ship one fish and the box can fit 4 for the same price, then let's just fill that box with fish!
I really like the coloring of the fish, he's a cutie.
I say go for it if you have the means and space!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #4 
JKfish

Lol, you two all are no help at all XD ... I do have the space and the time. I only have one betta, but the reason why my limit is 2-3 is because I know if I go over that I'll probably become more relaxed and accidently buy more than I can handle, resulting in fish recieving less than stellar care when with me. But, cleaning her tank isn't hard at all. and, cleaning 2 tanks is almost the same as only one -and either way I'd be cleaing two tanks once I recieve my import.... Lol, I think I'm going to talk to my parents about him...

Last edited by JKfish; 02-05-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

Ahhh nice! I don't like Jennifer's approach to transhipping...visit her site and it's like WHOA wall of text that can be explained it a couple short sentences. I heard she's good but I use Linda...it's free lol (well $2 per fish but still cheaper!).
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #6 
JKfish

lol, I guess she likes to be complete and make sure there are no misunderstandings at all. She lives closest, and I definately feel safer knowing they're not going to have to cross the country in a box from my trans-shipper's place to mine.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
lol, I guess she likes to be complete and make sure there are no misunderstandings at all. She lives closest, and I definately feel safer knowing they're not going to have to cross the country in a box from my trans-shipper's place to mine.
Well you are in the same state. Too bad you can just pick them up...so much cheaper than shipping. Linda is a little out of my way but that's what I do.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #8 
JKfish

lol, I wish I could pick them up and save them the stress of a day in a moving box, but the price of gas alone would be twice the price of the shipping fee.... speaking of which, I think I blew my chances of getting the blue boy T_T . I was on that topic, and started saying something like "Well, because shipping is a bit expensive, and I could still pay the same ammount for two bettas-" before my mom cut in and freaked out when she found out how much the shipping along with everything else was when completely totaled up, even though I'm the one paying for it with money I'd specifically saved up over the past 6 or so months for this very purpose....
Old 02-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #9 
bloo97

Did you get him???? The auction ended!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #10 
ChicagoPete

I hate to tell ya this JK but you just gave yourself one reason to not get more being your parents don't approve of it.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote