Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #21 
Abby

but you would ALL freak if there were Bettas in it...hell you would all jump the gun if i said i had one male betta in a tank full of female bettas
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #22 
Alex09

Saying shrimp are equal to bettas is like saying bugs are equal to dogs though. And I wouldnt freak out if there is a betta in there. Not until I hear the OP's explanation. I have had algae issues as well. Green water is completely harmless to fish. In fact, a betta may even like it as they prefer murky water to crystal clear water.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #23 
Jupiter

Um, no, I wouldn't...for the same reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

And keeping male bettas together with female bettas is pretty irrelevant. If s/he had posted that, then yes, knowing 100% that it's harmful I would advise them against it.

If they had posted saying, "oh btw, I haven't cleaned this tank for (insert long amount of time here)" then yes, I would also advise them.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 AM   #24 
weluvbettas

Thanks everyone that has said good words. The was IS NOT green. My camera does not take good pictures. So the plants make it look green. My shrimp are happy and healthy and breeding in numbers. So dont jump on me guys I know what im doing. And by the way do you all think water is the wild is crystal clear? Its not everywere.
Thanks,
Weluvbettas.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:38 AM   #25 
Kestrel

Yeah, I'm pretty sure rivers and creeks are nothing like the tanks we keep fish in, because we want to see them. A crawdad could live fine in a clean well-kept tank or a dirty little creek. Of course I'm sure that's not true with all aquatic (even non) creatures. It just seems like I've seen too many forums where some people jump to berating and insulting others before they have any chance to explain.

And maybe some people would jump at my throat on here for saying this, but it's just fish and shrimp, no I don't want them to be mistreated or abused but it's not the end of the world or worth fighting about.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #26 
baylee767

See? Why are we all being so quick to jump? The water only looked like algae to me, and that's nothing worth arguements. And as it turns out it wasn't even that, just camera quality. Shrimp are even more sensative then Bettas, so if over 40 live in there as well as a bunch of snails, I'm sure that tank is just fine.

Beautiful tank weluvbettas! GJ with it, and hopefully it stays that succesfull!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:00 AM   #27 
LittleBettaFish

Got any close-up pictures of your shrimp? I find them so fascinating to watch. I'm thinking of getting a few later in the year once I have all my tanks sorted. We have a few native species available down here along with the usual ghost and cherrys, but I'm afraid the poor things would end up as betta snacks.

Very... expensive betta snacks haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 AM   #28 
weluvbettas

Thanks guys. :) This forum has changed since I joined people jump to conclusions now.

Littlebettafish : I will try to get some pics of the shrimp. I love watching them dive for there food. Its so funny :D
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #29 
fishman12

And anyway, if there even was algae, it would be good for the shrimp right?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #30 
HayrideHaunter

I vote for a video! I've never really had the opportunity to watch shrimp o.o
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote