Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #21 
Lion Mom

FINALLY & at long last, a couple not so great pics. The tall plant at the back is silk, but anything else in there is real - along with a small piece of driftwood.

I like this tank a LOT, except for the fact that the filter does have a motor hum - not too bad, but it's there.
Attached Images

Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #22 
gardengirl13

Just ordered this. The little 2.5 gal tank I have doesn't have a light that can easily go with it. The top has to sit off-kilter so I thought this tank would be better. I'm hoping to not have to use the heaters, but I'll see what temps they get alone, then add them if needed. I can't wait to have lights though!
gardengirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #23 
cjayBetta

Omg I want this... I dont have a petco... Grrrr
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #24 
LolaQuigs

I just got one of these for my new guy when he moves out of his hospital tank. The filter sometimes makes a weird grinding noise, I'm not sure that that's normal, so I'm debating on whether I want to take everything out and exchange it. :/

The filter intake also seems kind of strong; I haven't had a fish in there yet, but it keeps sucking in a leaf of a silk plant, so I'm concerned about betta fins. I will definitely put some pantyhose over it before adding any bettas. The output seems pretty gentle though.

The lighting is amazing, very beautiful and the "night light" is really cool. I'm sick of needing power strips because of plugging in heater, filter, and light, so the fact that the light and the filter use the same cord is definitely one of my favorite features of this tank!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #25 
Lion Mom

cjayBetta - I ordered it on-line. :)

Lola - the filter in mine hums, but doesn't grind. Wonder what THAT'S about??? Dragon (my betta that's in it) has not had an issue with his fins getting sucked in. Like I said, though, I baffled the outflow because it was too strong for him.

All in all, though, I LOVE it!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #26 
Slayers

Lion Mom what kind of water changes are you going to do with that tank I like the look but I don't want to have to do 100% changes on it
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #27 
LolaQuigs

Yeah it sounds like the grinding noise filters make if they are run without water, or when they are first getting set up and the water hasn't moved all the way through them yet. It makes this noise for like ten seconds a couple times a minute; I have no idea what's up. It seems to be working fine other than that, but it's kind of annoying. I hope I can find the receipt, I think I will exchange it.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #28 
Lion Mom

Since it is filtered and has live plants in it, I do 3 partial water changes a week (Mon., Wed. & Fri.). Probably in the 75% range each time.

Hope that helps! :)
Old 02-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #29 
Slayers

can you keep the fish in on 75% or do you pull him out?
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #30 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
Yeah it sounds like the grinding noise filters make if they are run without water, or when they are first getting set up and the water hasn't moved all the way through them yet. It makes this noise for like ten seconds a couple times a minute; I have no idea what's up. It seems to be working fine other than that, but it's kind of annoying. I hope I can find the receipt, I think I will exchange it.
You're right - something is wrong. If you can't find the receipt, maybe call Petco's customer service? Just an idea. :)