Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #21 
jschristian44

i did
i just cant understand what time will do to help them breed? i mean they are both swimming around good, the male builds bubble nests, the female gets her vertical lines, but they just dont embrace. i dont understand why a months time from now will be different.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #22 
LolaQuigs

Waiting a month will allow time for their wounds to heal and the fish to destress. Right now they are surely very stressed. Do you care about these two fish at all? Their safety and well being should be a higher priority than getting them to breed. Read the articles people have already given you about properly conditioning them, and follow those guidelines. I don't know anything about breeding, but I know it takes time to condition them properly.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #23 
jschristian44

yes i know i will take consideration to their advice. the thing i dont get is why freeze dried bloodworms aren't good for conditioning. on most sites i've read they should work fine..
Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #24 
LolaQuigs

Freeze dried foods lack the protein and nutrients that frozen and live foods have. Even if you are not breeding bettas, it is recommended that freeze dried foods only be fed as a treat because of their poor nutritional quality.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #25 
DazzleKitty

Are you really gonna wait a month? Or tomorrow will you tell us how you put her in the tank with him again and he bit her?

Have you noticed that that more you post these things, the more disrespected you are becoming here? I am surprised anyone even helped you at all since you refused to listen. You should be happy that you received any help at all. It seriously is like you are trolling. It's like you are saying some of these things and deliberately and blatantly going against correct advice and your own word to anger certain posters here. It's not very nice.

And if you are serious about it, what if you do want to breed as a hobby someday and maybe sell your bettas? Don't set a bad name for yourself amongst the community. If you listen, be patient, and experience success, you could get potential buyers for your bettas in the future. Why burn those bridges?
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #26 
jschristian44

ive burned about every bridge i could in life, but somehow, for some reason i'm still hanging by a thread. i will tell you that i will wait to breed them, because obviously they would have spawned by now.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #27 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
ive burned about every bridge i could in life, but somehow, for some reason i'm still hanging by a thread. i will tell you that i will wait to breed them, because obviously they would have spawned by now.
Why? Why couldn't you just have waited? No one forced you to purposely ignore everyone's advice?

And honestly they probably wouldn't have spawned, you never conditioned them or introduced them to each other properly, remember?

Most likely the male would have seriously injured her again.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #28 
Panthera

We're getting trolled. That's the only realization I can come by from reading this.
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #29 
MrVampire181

Males can do some serious damage....my black devil got through a divider and tore a huge chunk out of his sisters side...I was only gone for 6 hours and at least half the time they were floating in their bags before they sunk and released them.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #30 
bettafish15

I wish this guy would be banned like BB123 was :/ I dont know which mod to contact or how to say it.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote