Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #31 
jschristian44

don't ban me. i am not a troll. i don't even know what that is. but i will stop making posts and asking questions, because it feels like i got all i need to know now. just wait for them to heal, then try again. if it doesnt work out then, i will just post how everything went. good day.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #32 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
I wish this guy would be banned like BB123 was :/ I dont know which mod to contact or how to say it.
Except BB123 finally started looking for proper advice (after being banned from two forums). He's always asking me questions on Facebook.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #33 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
don't ban me. i am not a troll. i don't even know what that is. but i will stop making posts and asking questions, because it feels like i got all i need to know now. just wait for them to heal, then try again. if it doesnt work out then, i will just post how everything went. good day.
You absolutely do NOT know everything there is to know. Responsible breeders take months to do research. I suggest right now to just FORGET about breeding and focus on your bettas health. It would be so unfortunate to lose one of your bettas lives just because you were so eager to spawn them. Just focus on cycling their tanks, cleaning, proper feeding, etc, for a few months. Take time to enjoy your bettas exactly how they are.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #34 
turtle10

Ugh I read the BB123 threads.. why was he like that?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #35 
jschristian44

thats what im going to do. im just gonna take care of them like i have been taking care of my male. it seems i got way more research to do yet, but it seems that every site i go to on breeding is just telling me the same stuff. im not worried about what happens after breeding, even though i hear thats the most difficult part is keeping the fry alive. but every site i go to just says the same things. i am just now pretty sure i should have just listened to you guys from the get go. the female definately needs rest now and thats what im gonna give her.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #36 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
thats what im going to do. im just gonna take care of them like i have been taking care of my male. it seems i got way more research to do yet, but it seems that every site i go to on breeding is just telling me the same stuff. im not worried about what happens after breeding, even though i hear thats the most difficult part is keeping the fry alive. but every site i go to just says the same things. i am just now pretty sure i should have just listened to you guys from the get go. the female definately needs rest now and thats what im gonna give her.
You really should be…

-you will need various live foods ready before the spawning
-many, many containers
-people willing to buy your fish
Old 02-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #37 
jschristian44

-got live foods
-got containers
-got someone who will willingly take all the fry i don't want
Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #38 
lilchiwolf

Wait...you don't care what happens to the parents after breeding???

That's kinda cruel.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #39 
turtle10

What live foods?

How many containers?

Don't give the fry to that guy, he sounds really shady. Why would someone take a bunch of veiltail fry? To raise them? Most likely not…

Don't rely on people to take them.

You should be prepared to take care of 50+ bettas for the rest of their lives. (That means over 50 tanks)
Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #40 
jschristian44

live foods - infursia, baby brine shrimp, vinegar eels
containers - about 100
people to take them - he said he has a large community tank, like huge and he will add them to there or sell them. or use them as feeder fish. fish eat fish in the wild, so i really don't mind it. but i said use as many as you can to sell or whatever. but if i got enough room ill keep as many as a i can. and the first night of listing them on craigslist, i got around 14 emails saying people wanted 1-5 fish each. and that was just the first night. so people taking them isnt the problem at hand. the problem is, breeding them and raising the fry. still doing research don't worry. but im letting the female rest for sure. and yes i do care what happens to the breeder fish. im gonna keep them.