Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #41 
jschristian44

the problem is, my male betta i got from walmart, and he looks pretty old. i think that may be my main problem at hand. so im bidding on a halfmoon male to breed with her. i can tell their ages just by looking at them. the female is so vivid with her dark blue and the male just looks a pale pink color and pale purple fins. i dont think he knows what to do. my female knows what to do though. i just think hes way too aggressive because of his age.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #42 
jschristian44

and please, please do not ban me. i promise to stay low cue until after i try to breed them again, which will be months from now. for now im gonna make sure they are nice and rested and taken cared of.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #43 
turtle10

Please don't breed them. You aren't doing it for the right reasons. I can't believe you are relying on some guy to take all the "extra" fry, that alone tells me you shouldn't breed. Do you even know if all those craigslist people knew how to properly take care of bettas?

This is just me, but I have a big problem with somebody giving away baby bettas for food, especially since you are breeding them on purpose.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #44 
LolaQuigs

Why the hell are you so desperate to breed fish if you don't care what happens after they are spawned? Why would you breed bettas to become feeder fish? What is the point?
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #45 
turtle10

Don't bid on a male!!!!!! You shouldn't even be thinking about breeding right now, just STOP and chill for a few months. You are rushing in too fast.

And by the way, the more color developed on a betta the older they are, so the whole "I can tell their ages just by looking at them" is just not right.

Young bettas are dull.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #46 
jschristian44

eh there goes contradictions on info again. alright guys thanks for the info, im just gonna play it cool behind the shadows for now. thanks for the help. is it just me or am i the only one without a betta avatar.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #47 
jschristian44

and im not breeding them just for feeder fish. i am breeding because i want to take fish care to a next level, but it seems im still very much at the beginner level. i thought it would be cool to see the babies, etc.
but, it took a horrible wrong turn, as i was once a favored member here, but all i get now is ridicule for stupid things im doing, which i should, but its gettin old.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #48 
turtle10

Um.. what contradictions?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #49 
turtle10

You should never breed because "it would be cool to see the babies".. I hope you weren't serious.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #50 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Except BB123 finally started looking for proper advice (after being banned from two forums). He's always asking me questions on Facebook.
Ahh, thats good! I did not know that ^^ Good for him.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote