Betta Fish Forum banner

aqabid question and types in gerneral

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  MrVampire181 
#1 ·
this is a really dumn question to start but please bare with me, i saw a betta, i would kill for on the aquabid, though i dont get paid for a while. my question is, is there breeds of betta that look the same, or if the bettas have babies will the all look the same. or if i pass up a betta color is that it, never to see one like it. this betta i am talking about is the color of a betta i wanted, from the get-go and didn't even think the could be a pattern like that

#2 ·
When you breed bettas you get a combination of the parent's characteristics determined on the traits they each carry (basic genetics).
Some color combinations are more frequently found than others. If you are looking for something specific and rare and you find it, better take the chance because it will be a while until you find that again.
What fish are you looking at on AquaBid?
Most fish on AB don't sell, it's just how it is. So if you absolutely want it, contact the seller about an extension on your payment. I'm sure they'll accomodate you.

#3 ·
it is double tail male, its body is black/red like a checker board, and has a "full moon" red tail with black tips, i was telling my bf about a fish that would look beautiful and jeez there is one that looks like it, i will write the seller, though i need a tank and the whole 9 yards

#4 ·
Buy him now and you'll have up to two weeks before he's even shipped. Ask what transhipper the seller sends to.

#5 ·
hey, this sux, he has got less than a day and and it say my acout takes up to 12 hours to review, I can't even write the seller. i have never ordered anything off line, what do ya mean it takes 2 weeks, sorry again i am dumb to this, and the transhipper, does this explain it on the site. till i found the site i never knew you could even ship fish.

#6 ·
hey, this sux, he has got less than a day and and it say my acout takes up to 12 hours to review, I can't even write the seller. i have never ordered anything off line, what do ya mean it takes 2 weeks, sorry again i am dumb to this, and the transhipper, does this explain it on the site. till i found the site i never knew you could even ship fish.
Once every two weeks or so the Thai betta breeders combine orders and pack the fish into several large boxes and ship them to a licensed importer (transhipper i.e. Linda Olson, Jennifer Vivieros). Then the transhipper sorts the fish, recieves the payment, and ships them to you.

#8 ·
Is the seller in America?

#9 ·
no i looked it is kazac.. idk no how to spell it.. i wrote him an email through the one he gave, so maybe we can work somthing out. also i was looking for king bettas, apparently thats not their real name cause the site is not showing any. also have you ever ordered from them, will shipping be crazy high, i dont wanna pay double the price of the fish to ship. the seller didn't show shipping, i thank you so much for helping me.

#10 ·
King bettas are a PetCo scam. I've never bought from that seller. Shipping from Thailand to the US is $5-$8 per fish and then it's $2 handling fee, $2 heat pack fee, $5 box fee, and $35 Express mail shipping or $15 Priority shipping.

#12 ·
They're just big plakats..stick a fancy name on em and you make cash. Pleas ebe careful about your transhipper...I reccomend Linda Olson (since I know her personally...I pick my fish up from her) or Jennifer Vivieros.

#13 ·
i think i get and then you through a curve, i thought the shipped to you, so the seller ships to a person, say Linda, in america, then she ships to me, sorry i didn't think this was that complicated. will it give me a choice to choose which person, i seen a lot of names and number, could i call her, are better yet, i have been looking, but is the a q?a on the site.
again you are my hero

#14 ·
Yup Linda handles the legal issues and ships them to you. They will give you a choice but most sellers offer Linda and Jennifer...but fighter bettas almost always go through Julie Tran...her inspector dosen't unwrap the newspaper from their bags which will get people getting fighter bettas really angry.

You can call Linda or email her.

#16 ·
Yup she should. I feel bad for her...she said she gets like ZERO sleep during the first few days after the shipment comes in...luckily I'm gonna help her ship fish this summer!

#18 ·
See? Not so complicated. It feels like a lot at first but it's really just 2 simple steps.
Pay the breeder and pay the transhipper!
Always take into account the FINAL price of the fish when bidding. A lot of people don't understand the cost involved and abbandon fish in the hands of the transhipper.
This would be the breakdown:

Price of fish on auction
+ Cost of shipping from breeder
+ Importing fees from transhipper
+ Packing fees from transhipper
+ Shipping to you
= usually more than the fish itself

Of course, there other fees the transhipper might add depending who it is but this is what I was charged the one and only time I ever imported fish. I buy within the US now :D

#21 ·
Transhippers aren't so bad...well depends on the info you have on each. I've learned many surprising things about all transhippers..good and bad. But it's not cheap being a transhipper so they have to justify their existence with higher prices.

#23 ·
Depends...she has a shipment coming tonight so it may take a few days for her to reply (with all the emails from current customers etc. plus packing and sorting the fish). Funny I just got off the phone with her lol.

#25 ·
You can call her in like an hour. I avoid calling from 5pm to 8pm on shipment nights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.