Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #1 
animallover4lyfe

Smile 3 New bettas =) yay!

I got 4 males & 2 females this weekend :O :P
I only have pictures of the 3 males right now, will get pics of the females and other male soon (harder to get pics of the females since they are in my sorority tank) But here are the 3 males, MY FAVS <3
Attached Images

animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

What GORGEOUS boys! *steals the yellow one*
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

Beautiful fish as usual!
I covet your dragon! I've always liked them but never gotten one yet... maybe someday!
How's your army of fish doing?
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #4 
animallover4lyfe

Thanks guys! funny story about the yellow crowntail! I got him from a local fish store, and they usually have a small display of 10 or so ct's and hm's each, and i didnt like anything they had out, so i checked out the boxes underneath that they keep there full of "overstock" bettas! I found him in the box :D hes awesome. AND YES the red dragon I have been searching for one I was almost gonna resort to aquabid! I love him :) But they are all gorgeous :D

hahah my army of fish are doing great! thanks for asking. Unforunately, i have two that are sick, one with fin rott, and the other with popeye, sucks cuz the one that has popeye is from petsmart, and they clearly dont take good care of them with this particular location, he had popeye about a month ago got rid of it and now its back :( I have a feeling its gonna keep coming back bcuz of the conditions he was in for so long... but i treat him everyday and change his water everyday so im confident we will beat the popeye again :)
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

Sae yourself the cash and become a transhipper already lol! You'd rock.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #6 
animallover4lyfe

awwwwwwww thanks :) hahaa I should !!! I actually reaaaaaaalllyyyy like this pet store I go to and one of the employees actually hand picks their bettas from local breeders, and thats where i got the last two bettas you see in this post, they are honestly aquabid quality! Its impossible to choose a betta when I go there, I only bought two bcuz they are so darn expensive!!! lol $15 a betta for halfmoons!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #7 
vilmarisv

That's awesome! To have fishstore full of breeder quality bettas!
I have to restrict myself to buying online because I can't even look at the poor fish at the stores around here anymore, it just breaks my heart.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #8 
animallover4lyfe

I know, same here. I yell at my boss when we get bettas from this new distributer that puts them in tiny tiny dixie cups, it makes me sad and angry. So I put them in bigger cups or even small bowls. I take really good care of our bettas, they are fed and water changed every other day, except sat/sun cuz i dont work. But yeah VERY FEW pet store employees care about bettas, they are just fish to them. Its sad the amount of bettas I see in various pet stores dead or almost dead, in dirty dirty water. It makes me angry too when employees dont know what they are talking about for betta care, i even correct my boss and others in front of the customer if he is wrong about something LOL.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #9 
bettalover2033

well AL4L, your areally good example of what employees should be doing. Also i really like that blue dragon male in the second picture there!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #10 
vilmarisv

When I used to visit petstores frequently and look at bettas sometimes I found myself advising people on betta care.
Now I only go when I REALLY need something. This week I went to Petco because I cracked one of my breeder tanks and they have a new and very attractive betta display but most of the cups had brown water and I'm sure most of those cups contained dead fish. I didn't want to look so I just went straight to the tank section and then the plants. I wanted to leave so quickly I forgot to grab some frozen food.
I rather buy fish from people who truly care for them and care who their fish are sold to. Fish end up being much more expensive but it's worth it.