Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #1 
Nanglebadger

My new divided tank

Evening all (well, for those of us in a GMT time zone its evening lol).

as some of you will have read, my brother has built me a custom tank to house 6 bettas, based on a barracks sort of idea that you'd see in your local store.

well, we have it mostly populated now, bar two boys in quarantine. I've been promising pictures since i joined, and now i have my PC back, so here we go.

Ok, first up, the overall effect.

and now my gents!

First up is Leonard, my blue/red/purple CT that started the whole thing:

He seems very happy in his new home:

Next up is my red VT that i got at Christmas, called Sheldon:

Next is the VT my brother had reserved for me for a few weeks in the shop he works in, called Raj:

Raj's colours are gorgeous! red/white/blue/and bits of orange in the right light:

and this is Howard, the red/blue/white VT also from the store my bro works in:

Howard and Sheldon having words!

this boyo is called Jim, mostly white VT with traces of red and blue, he's immense! i can't wait to add him to the tank from quarantine to see him under proper light!!!

and if u look closely, some of the Amano shrimp:

now, as you may also have read, i have a blue CT in a quarantined bowl. you can see him in the picture with Jim and u can easily make out the greyness of the fin rot. he really isn't doing well at all, he has developed acute fin rot that has set in in a matter of hours, and he has some form of fungus developed on his face. However, we are treating him using treatments from my bro's work, and we will do our very best for him, we wont just give up!

anyways, comments welcome. there may be some who don't like it or who have grumbles about the set up, but in the last 20 mins we just added more weed to the cells, and we have a large piece of wood to break up for each cell also to give plenty of places for them to hide.

incase you're wondering about the names, i have named the 4 boys already in the tank after the cast of The Big Bang Theory, with the thought that the other two will be named after my favourite drink....Jim Beam, hence the white-ish one is Jim. if the blue CT makes it he'll be Beam, if not i'll reserve the name for another time.

water change and first feeding in the tank to come this evening!

Phil.

Last edited by Nanglebadger; 02-07-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #2 
scootshoot

Looks amazing. Your brother did a nice job
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #3 
bettafish15

That looks great :D Is there a heater in there? I would love the have a system like that @.@ so many bettas!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #4 
Nanglebadger

thanks for the positive comments folks.

yes there is a heater in the far right cell, a Rena 50 heater and the pump/filter is an Eheim ecco pro 130.

the lighting is an Arcadia unit with a Marine White bulb and reflector.

Phil.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #5 
mand

Looks amazing and great names (love the big bang theory), Are they some Terry Pratchett books i see hiding in the background?
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #6 
Nanglebadger

Thanks mand!!!! Big Bang Theory is outstanding.

its not so much "some" Pratchett books as the entire Discworld and Stories of Discworld series. I think I started them when I was about 14 and its taken me til 27 to catch up to his latest release. Brilliant books!!!

Gave them their first feed of JBL Nanobetta flakes last nite, and with the exception of the sick CT, they ALL took the flakes!!! well pleased with that as i'd no idea what the new ones were getting in the stores!

Phil.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #7 
mand

Your Sheldon is identical to one of my lads, only mine keeps making a mess of his fins (first finrot now tail biting). Also discovered yesterday 1 of my females is actually a male so had to seperate him from the community tank. The joys of Betta keeping !!!
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #8 
Nanglebadger

yeah i spotted a number of red VTs on saturday that were very similar to Sheldon, only younger looking. he blew his first bubble nest last week, so i guess he's probably roughly 6 months old or so by that?? not sure tbh.

we've no idea where the finrot could have come from other than it came with him from the store and the move then set it off or something, but it is horrendously aggressive. never seen anything like it. he's gettin further water change and further treatments tonight as soon as im in from work, we wont be beaten that easily!

i found myself paying more attention to the fish than what i was watching on TV last nite!!! its class!

Phil.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #9 
cjayBetta

I love this tank! I want one so bad :P
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #10 
Goomba3

Very nice tank! How does the water move through the dividers?
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote