Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #11 
Nanglebadger

Cheers CJay!!

Goomba - the dividers are made of seperate upright lengths of glass attached to the cross-members. as the dividers are made of a number of seperate peices, there are gaps between these pieces allowing the water to flow from the left hand side of the tank as u see it in the pic above, to the right hand side. if u look at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pics in particular you can see the gaps between the pieces of glass.

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #12 
Nanglebadger

unfortunately the blue CT we got at the weekend has died today.

he was alive this morning following his water change last nite. we had introduced an airline to the tank to increase oxygen, i believe i read on here that can help a little, and he was been treated for the finrot. unfortunately it just seemed to be so aggressive that it was too much within a matter of days.

such a shame as he was a gorgeous blue colour.

rest of the boys are doing grand and all seem to be enjoying their new home and tormenting one another through the glass lol!

Phil.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:52 AM   #13 
mand

Sorry to hear about the crowntail, sometimes there is nothing you can do to save them.
Hopefully you'll find another CT to replace hin soon.
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #14 
Nanglebadger

cheers mand! yeah i guess thats just the way it goes sometimes.

once i get the other one currently in quarantine into the main tank i'll set about finding a new fish, my brother's shop got a batch in yesterday but were all VTs, i dunno what the craic is here with not being able to get CTs!!!! really annoying! i'll probably end up looking for a nice VT coz i dont wana be waiting around for months on end to finish populating the tank.

Phil.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #15 
Sherleelee

Location: I now live in Vic, Australia but from Alberta Canada
This tank is sick as! Would kill for a setup like this, your bro did an awsome job :)
p.s sorry to hear about your betta that passed, you did all you could do
Sherleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #16 
Nanglebadger

Cheers Sherleelee!

i'll be sure to pass on the compliments to my brother.

yeah its a shame but i'll go hunting in a week or two and try to find a new lad to join the gang!

Phil.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #17 
iheartmybettas

That looks awesome!! What size tank is that? Me and my husband are picking up a 55 long tonight to divide 10 ways. We haven't worked out all the details yet but I may have questions for you!! :)
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #18 
leeb62

Nice tank for sure man. Your tank is so freaky cool, so did your brother use those sealant for fish tanks at walmart to clue the divider to the glass?
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #19 
amber31190

lee, i love your avatar betta, i have a thing for white bettas
amber31190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #20 
Nanglebadger

@ iheartmybettas - thanks. its 36 inches long by 8 inches deep by 11.5 inches tall, meaning that each cell is 6" by 8" by 11.5" which is plenty of room for them, the 4 boys in there already are very happy in their new home!

i cant promise i can answer your questions, but i will forward them to my brother who built it and try to get answers for you. drop me them in a PM sure when the time comes.

@Lee - i live in NI man, we dont have walmart here. my bro works in a tropical fish shop, i believe he used fish-safe sealant yes, both clear and black. the dividers are made of strips of glass, so the tank is 100% glass, even the handles on the cover glass are glass. It took a few days to dry/cure, but so far so good.

Phil.