Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2011, 02:34 AM   #21 
Nanglebadger

well, got in from work last nite to find the white veiltail no longer amongst the living.

very odd. he had a touch of white spot, but it was nothing serious and was being treated. i had watched him feed the night before, and he was grand when i went to work. very very odd.

think i'm just gonna stick to the one fish shop from now on, Exotic Aquatics in Belfast where my bro currently works. everything iv got from them is alive and healthy, anything i havnt has died, clear pattern emerging.

i've spaced the remaining gents out a bit to give them some peace to let fins regrow from an "incident" over the weekend. we've raised the height of the dividers now and all the wood is in. i think i'm going to double my number of Ammano shrimp to 12, or perhaps add a few wood/bamboo shrimp to really keep things clean, but im not going to add any more bettas for a few weeks, let things settle down after finding the white one dead yesterday. dont think there's anything sinister going on, but just gonna let things settle before adding anyone new.

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #22 
leeb62

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber31190 View Post
lee, i love your avatar betta, i have a thing for white bettas

I have two baby fry from this kind. The avatar male doesn't seem like he wants to breed yet. Normally he a fast breeder.

Here the link if you wanna see. He is growing so fast now since I jar this fry, but he hasn't develop any color yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-k2aDQJxNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waB4_rEtHO4
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #23 
leeb62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanglebadger View Post
@ iheartmybettas - thanks. its 36 inches long by 8 inches deep by 11.5 inches tall, meaning that each cell is 6" by 8" by 11.5" which is plenty of room for them, the 4 boys in there already are very happy in their new home!

i cant promise i can answer your questions, but i will forward them to my brother who built it and try to get answers for you. drop me them in a PM sure when the time comes.

@Lee - i live in NI man, we dont have walmart here. my bro works in a tropical fish shop, i believe he used fish-safe sealant yes, both clear and black. the dividers are made of strips of glass, so the tank is 100% glass, even the handles on the cover glass are glass. It took a few days to dry/cure, but so far so good.

Phil.
Thanks. I this a project that would be good for me in the near future.
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:48 AM   #24 
Nanglebadger

bit of development over the weekend.

Went yesterday to Exotic Aquatics and got 7 more ammanos so that i have 2 per cell, and i also picked up a blue/green/pink Veil Tail. I almost took a blue and pink VT to fill the tank, but i know they have CTs in quarantine, so i'm gonna hold off until they're available.

Also, after introducing them all yesterday, we noticed that the other 4 have whitespot, obviously due to that infected white one that died. so, having to treat that now, shame we didnt see it before putting the new boy in, but we'll get it cleared up.

i'll try to get some pics of my new boy soon!

Phil.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #25 
mand

Lucky finding CTs, i'm still looking.
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #26 
Nanglebadger

mand - it was a specific request to Exotic Aquatics in Belfast. He seemed to be just getting VTs in for months on end, so the request was made for a batch of CTs and it was no problem.

it may be worth asking at your local store if they can put in an order of CTs from the wholesalers?!?!?!? no harm tryin, if they're anyway decent and value the trade they're bound to at least try.

Ok, well with the passing of the white one (who i called jim), and the loss of an ammano, i went yesterday for some re-stocking! got 7 ammanos so there are now two in each cell, and I would like to introduce the new Jim. He is mostly blue with big streaks of pink in his fins, however, the camera is showing him up with more green and I can't really get the pink to show but here's some pics anyway. got the wood in now too as you can see. the currently uninhabited cell is the second from the right. as mentioned, touch of white spot has appeared but treating for it.

and the overall effect at present:

Phil.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #27 
bloo97

Looks gud!

BBT Fan much?
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #28 
mand

Looks good with the wood in.
mand is offline   Reply With Quote