Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #1 
motten06

Question 10 gallon help.

Hi!
I have a problem. the tank my betta (Steve) was in, got nocked over by my cat (Mr. Jiggles) . I saved Steve. the old tank broke completely (hood,light heater,tank) i had an old 10 gallon tank laying around so i put him in it after i cleaned it and put conditioner in it. the problem is there is no heater or light. all i have is a desk lamp. (was not preparing for the old tank to break). My mom said she was gonna bye me a 55 gallon next week. will he be OK in there for a week or so?I have no money at all.

Pls help.
Thank you
Mack & Steve
motten06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #2 
wallywestisthebest333

EDIT: if you raise the heat in your house to about 80 or 82 then his water should be around 76-78. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #3 
Kittles

I wouldn't suggest using the lamp to heat your tank. The water temperature would be very uneven throughout the tank, and also very fluctuant if the lamp is being turned on and off.

Either raise the temperature in your house (or room if you have selective heating), or leave him in an unheated bowl. Assuming your house isn't in the arctic somewhere, he should be fine - the cups you buy fish in at the pet store are unheated.
Kittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

In a pinch in the past I have used a heating pad. Place the bowl/tank on top of the heating pad & set the pad on "LOW". Monitor the temp to make sure it's doing well. I wouldn't do that forever, but for a couple/few days it SHOULD be just fine. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote