Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #1 
Nikki22

Betta not eating-seems confused

I have a betta that is just about 2 yrs... for the last couple weeks he seems to be getting confused. I know hes not blind he see his food as its falling to the ground and all of his surroundings. But when the food is floating at the top of the water he will lunge at it trying to get it but ALWAYS over shoots it. He will even go tward it slowly... it will literally be on the tip of this nose..lol. I have heard of ppl hand feeding their bettas....How do you do that? Or is there another solution for him? Is there any type of water vitamin i can put in there for him to still get the nutrients he needs??? PLEASE HELP!!
Nikki22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and sorry you are having problems...have a few questions...

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes and when was the last one, water temp, filter, live plants, additives used and have you treated him or added any medication in the last month....

You can sometimes use a toothpick to hand feed.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote