Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, it seems like the ones who complain the most about necro posting are doing it themselves. Rofl

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-12-2012 at 12:17 PM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #32 
Sakura8

I agree with OFL. Since I'm reluctant to use a transshipper, I always look at Basement Bettas when I'm on AB.

DQ - Haha, I know, right?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #33 
lvandert

BB!! Your fish are amazing! I think an apology is in order...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #34 
Sheldon31

Enough people pay for rescue bettas from wallmart etc why wouldn't you buy a fish that's come from a responsible breeder but has a bit of damage for a price less than one in "perfect" condition. I wish I had the option to buy from a good breeder, I can never find any local, cichlids are the fashion in wrexham, I wish I could buy off aquabid but I'm in the UK. Although, if I ever find myself in the US I will be looking up MrVampire first :D.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #35 
Basement Bettas

The problem was I did a Google search on Basement Bettas. My web site, blog and AB feedback all came up as did that post. Since someone made a public comment that was negitive I needed to make a public response to correct the error. I have always finished well in the standings. I just get bored with the showing and get back to breeding the end of the season. You want to critisize the form on one of my fish.. go for it. That is a learning experience for all. But implying I was cruel to the fish was totally out of line. That fish had genetics worth passing on or he would never have been offered. And buying a great fish with fin damage might be the only way some one may get a quality fish. Not every one has $100 to drop on AB like I do then add shipping.

Bettas are tough fish. I have some after breeding look worse that the fish I offered and they bred again. Then they were offered in that condition to another breeder.. and shipped on top of it all.

It always amazes me people will whine about something so trivial as some torn fins on a fish and never consider the human they are slighting and the injury THAT may cause. Those two need to grow up and be a bit more responsible with their stupid little digs in a public forum.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #36 
Basement Bettas

On my FaceBook page I post pics of bettas offered for sale on AB. I state what is really good about them and sometimes say I'd prefer more balance or sharper edges.. but one NEVER takes a stab at the breeder. That people, just is not nice.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #37 
betta lover1507

BB's betta's are beautiful i always want one >-< i love her metallic line, there all so gorgeous. and the wildcards betta's are so awesome
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #38 
lvandert

I got one of her wildcards-Popcorn!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #39 
betta lover1507

LUCKY!!!!^^^^^^^
save me one of her babies XD lol
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #40 
lvandert

lol If I can get them there. I don't know how many I have and they're only a week old tomorrow