Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

BACOPA PLANTS anyone have these?

I recently found some bacopa plants on sweet aquatics and was curious if anyone has tried to grow these plants? It says they're easy...but... I am someone who somehow managed to kill anacharis and hornwort.

http://www.sweetaquatics.com/index.p...products_id=12

http://www.sweetaquatics.com/index.p...products_id=14

was just curious if anyone has had any luck with these, are they really easy plants to keep alive?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I don't have that plant but some other stem plants that grow well and easy are Rotala Indica, Ludwigia Natans, water wisteria-easy low-mod light stem plants

Success with live plants is mostly about the lights and the two you failed with are common plants that a lot of people fail with so don't get discouraged....hornwort, if its not happy will drop its needles or too strong lights or old lights can cause hair/thread algae...Anacharis-sometimes you get the cold water species and it will die in the warmer water...both of these plants can be a challenge and they will either grow like mad in your tank or die...sometimes they just don't like your water.

You will find this with plants-what grows well for me may not grow well for you and what grows well in one tank won't in another.....live plants are like that...but once you find that plants that like your water, lights and setup...they will thrive.....so its best to try several different plants, make sure you have the correct light (6500k) watts vary and that the bulb is less than 1yr old...too old a bulb is often the reason for failures.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #3 
windfire

i have bacopa its great and grows like a weed in my tanks, i trim mine every 2nd week or so
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #4 
SmokeNLark

Yeah, I've got that. It's doing very well in my tank and grows nicely. They're low light and pretty hardy. I don't do anything special for my plants, they just have a florescent light.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #5 
Lion Mom

Yes, I have some - I use them as floaters and they do fine. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote