Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #1 
coolcucumber

Really stressed in his home, ideas?

I Divided my 5gal 2ways with my 2 male bettas, and one of them, who used to have the whole 5gal to himself, is very stressed. He has bitten almost his whole tail off with anxiety.

So, i think im going to get a bowl for him. but i cant find any 1-2gal bowls, with a flat back. id need a heater, and the bowl, and id need it cheaply. Any ideas how i could go about finding this?
coolcucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #2 
dragonfair

That's a bummer. One of my fishies did the same thing. I ended up getting a kritter keeper (I got 3 gal but you can get any size). It's rectangular, got a lid & a hole for heater cords & works great. The only drawback is I'm still trying to find lighting that I can safely leave on while I'm not home.

A far as the heater, price seems to vary widely. I went to my LFS and got a 25 watt adjustable for $18 (made me grouchy to pay that much, but I have a cold house and a preset one won't work for me). Lots of people talk about getting them online, but I'm not an online buyer. Sorry I can't help more!
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote