Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Finally! Dumbo's Pics

I have been dying for ages to get a pic of Dumbo in his 1.2 gallon vase, and I finally did! His fins are always expanded fully, and that is pretty much his natural color, but with a little more purple and pink. The big brown things on the bottom are supposed to be Betta Bulbs, but they have yet to start growing... anyways, I will post a before and after pic! :D He is much happier in there, and very active. I think he is a pretty sweet lil VT! :P
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #2 
mand

He's beautiful.
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

He looks great! :D Personally though I'd take out those bulbs, put them in a drinking glass or a bowl full of water, put them in a window sill, then wait for them to sprout there.

Sometimes they're duds and they'll mold on you.

Other than that awesome setup. =] Make sure to keep up with water changes! ;]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

OOOOOOH, I didn't know that! I will definitely do that with the bulbs, they are going in the sun tomorrow. The bulbs didn't come with any directions whatsoever, so I just put them in and kept my fingers crossed. But I will do that! Thanks. And I do keep up with water changes and I do partials all of the time. :) Thanks so much! I was stuck between him, a turquoise male VT with enormous fins or an adorable green CT girl. I chose him though, because he looked pretty purple in the light and whenever I moved past his cup, he swam toward me and just stared at me. :) I have had him since 10/21/10. :)
Also, I know everyone says the betta-in-a-vase setup is awful, but when you do everything you are supposed to, my betta just adores it! He is always spunky and he loves flaring at his buddy, Liberty. I clean the water every few days, and I do partials daily. :P I feed him betta pellets and freeze dried bloodworms. Phew, okay, that is it. :D

Last edited by Bettaluver4evr; 02-10-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote