Views: 729
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0912.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  40.2 KB
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #12 
Learn To Fly

They are so CUTE! Love the little baby fishes lol. Great pics!
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #13 
shinybetta

Nice! I missed mine as well....
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #14 
NIB BETTA

@ two weeks

Water changes are a lot easier now that the fry are bigger. There are a few that are significantly smaller than the others, but they appear to be healthy and strong.

They are on a diet of micro worms and BBS. I plan on implementing frozen foods when they are four weeks old.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #15 
NIB BETTA

You can tell when they ate micro worms vs BBS from the color of their bellies .
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #16 
1fish2fish

Looking good :) I can't wait to see when they start coloring up.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #17 
beat2020

They look good! Are you doing daily water changes?

My fry are just 2 days younger than yours by the way. :P
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #18 
NIB BETTA

1fish2fish, I can't wait for them to start coloring up also. It will very interesting to see how many take after their father.

beat2020, I do 90% water changes every other day, and add aquarium salt with each water change. I started running the sponge filter once I removed Brick. Water changes used to take me well over an hour, because I use a turkey baster then place the used water in a clear container and look for any fry I may have accidentally sucked up. Now it only takes me 30-40 min due to their size.

They are starting to recognize me now and it's a great feeling when they all swim to the front of the tank looking for food. Here is a picture of their current set up. I will move them to a 20 gallon long shortly.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #19 
vaygirl

Those are beautiful pictures. They're so tiny! I can't wait to see more as they grow. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #20 
Oldfishlady

Good job....and you take awesome pic......what kind of camera are you using.....are you are professional photographer or something....those are some of the clearest fry pics I have seen.....great way to get a fry count too...laffs....about how many do you have...in one pic I counted at least 30....lol....How many spawns have you had.....

Since I spawn in really heavy planted soil based tanks full to the top with water....I start a feeding tap of sorts with my fry...I give "2 taps" on the rim not glass of the tank as I put the food in with an eyedropper to condition them to come when called...lol.....this helps get them all in one location for counting, observation and transfers.....

I made a homemade siphon out of airline hose and attached two chopstick to make it more ridged for my fry tank cleaning and other uses....my thumb is the control valve and this give me good control to clean tanks with tiny fry...still get a few fry...... I use a 1gal icecream bucket to siphon off in that I will use a flashlight under to check for fry before the water goes into my potted plants...lol......and with the hooks I have over my tanks I hang the icecream bucket from its handle over the tank and then attach my homemade siphon to the side so that I can re-fill by gravity with like temp water....take me 10-15 minute to clean and I can walk away when I re-fill so I can work on other tanks-love those little clamps-sure come in handy sometimes...lol.......pretty neat system that has worked for me over the years...laffs....

Its great fun and rewarding spawning and rearing your own fry isn't it.....you get to see their individual little personalities come out....lots of fun...lol....or at least I really enjoy it....but I am easily entertained....lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote