Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #1 
baylee767

Lightbulb Zebra snails? Could it be true?!?!?!?!?!?

Didn't know which section to put this in, but I do have a big need. Something to eat diatoms. I know they are present in new tanks, but they are also present in some peoples tap water, my tap water, actually. Let's get this straight now, it is the tap, not the tank newness.

Now, I read that zebra snails and GREAT at cleaning the diatoms and algae up and don't eat live plants (All of wihch I have LOTS of, except I'll have lots of live plants later on) Is this true? I've read multiple things saying that yes, zebra snails will eat your diatoms and algae, and are quick and great at cleaning. One of the big things I like is that they don't eat live plants. Anyways, Is this true about the food, and are they rapid multiplyers that are hard to control?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #2 
Hadouken441

Get Nerites. Best clean up snail and doesnt re-populate
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #3 
baylee767

Yep, zebra nerites. I looked up, and it is almost impossible to breed zebra nerites in captivity! YAY! And they feed almost exclussivly on algae (I have a real hard time cleaning that off for some reason) And I believe are little eating machines. I'd have to let algae to grow in a bunch when I first put them in because as some might know, I'm redoig my tank. TBH, the main thing I'm looking for is do they really eat diatoms. If so, I NEEEEED some. My stocking will be 5 pygmy cories (I found at this shop dedicated to aquatic plants!) 3 zebra nerites and Neon. That way I'll have a cleanup crew and a showy fish.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote