Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #21 
briser

I am so sorry for your loss!! My first betta jumped out of a container off our cupboard when I was cleaning his tank and landed on ceramic tile floor and was there for at least three minutes before I came back and noticed. Fortunately he only had minimal damage to one of his fins and lived for two years after that!! So I have learned to always have a cover!! Also the betta of mine that passed recently had his tank knocked over by my curious cat and was laying on wet carpet for a while before anyone noticed and he also survived and lived for almost a year after that. So now my new betta is in a room where the door is always shut so my kitty can't be curious any more!
Good luck if you decide to get a new betta!!
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #22 
cjayBetta

Happened to me as well with my first betta(Nakome)... My cat knocked the tank over onto my bed (yes i had to buy a new bed) when i came home i was SURE he was dead cuz i had NO idea how long he had been there I went to pick him up with a net to give him a proper burial at sea and he started moving.. I FREAK and yelled to my sister to bring the tank back in. Threw him back in and he lived for a few months after... Mind you this fall was not far at all and it was on a bed so it wasnt a hard fall either lol.
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #23 
BlackberryBetta

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I feel horrible. I am so sorry for your loss. Please forgive me. :(
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #24 
DeadMemories92

This happened to a female betta of mine. She jumped out twice. Then I had the same incident when I accidentally DROPPED my betta in his small plastic tank on the floor and he fell about 3ft. Luckily he's alive and doing well. *knock on wood*
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breathing, fall, injured, jump