Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #1 
bettagirl28

Heaters.

I'm not saying a heater is unnecessary, because I myself own a heater for my betta. But, I was just wondering how many of you have seen a difference in your fish since you got the heater?
bettagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #2 
Goomba3

A HUGE difference. They went from listless, boring specimens to flighty, exciting, happy little chaps. If your water temperature stays below 70, get a heater. It also helps with fin re-growth. When I was chasing Edwin around his 1-gallon to catch him, he split his back fin right up the center, all the way to his body. About a week later and 3/4 of it has grown back already!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #3 
dragonfair

Yeah, I agree wth Goomba. It made a huge difference with mine. My house is at 65 degrees and I had all the boys in smaller containers and the water would get to the same temp as the house. They would all hover in one place,never moving. When I put the heaters in, they're like different fish entirely. Very active.
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #4 
leeb62

My apartment is at 73 constant or around that and they don't move much, but my heated tank at 84. I see my betta frys and the father moving alot more and the father is showing his color and flaring more.
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote