Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #11 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
He won't have enough time to buy those.............the best option is to do the egg yolke in a spray bottle.
True but the egg yolk is not a good option unless he wants to clean the tank often. BBS would be a better choice.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #12 
JKfish

Like Mr.Vamp said they're probably still young enough where if you can find a person selling already started cultures, then you could have them shipped and ready to feed pretty quickly. Of course, I don't think Mr. Vamp would be able to ship all the way to Australia, but you'd probably be able to find cultures that could be shipped to you in this section of aquabid .

Do you have pics of the parents :D ? I bet if they compliment each other and their fry are nice looking, that some of the forum members on here might be intersted .
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #13 
henshooter

my bettas colours

they are only petshop bettas but the male is a briliant red and such a good character his names mr squeeky (kids named him)
the girl is a beautiful dark fish which also has the red tinge to her fins but is also complimented with that iridesent blue - shes a bit of a stresspot but and shows her stresslines at the slightest disturbance in her tank but quickly after darkens up again
the funny thing with my girl is in her own tank (all perameters are perfect and temp etc) she seems to get a bit bothered and..... ive got a communal tetra tank and tried to put here in there for a bit just for a change and she loves it and often schools up with the tetras is always very happy in that tank so im ok with her being there
i live in melb aust and am happy to donate any surviving fry to anyone here in melb all i ask is you pick her up as costs to send them for me are just to high
one thing i have done is met the owner of my local aquarium store and we came up with a great idea
i am going to provide the fish and info sheets ,hes going to donate the relative chemicals food and such and together we will be donating all of this to my sons school as pets for their classrooms
i have spoken to the headmaster who is willing to purchase tanks filters and such for each of the kids classrooms and is actually introducing a subject of caring for animals lessons so am quite wrapped with that as its an unexpected spawn the first thing i did was find homes for at least 40 of my babies

as said but if anyone here that lives in melb australia wants some pm me and in a few months if all goes good im happy to give them to you as long as you can arrange either pickup or delivery costs
henshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #14 
nOOb iHACK

I wouldn't go with the pond water as there may be parasites in it. Try to get BBS going and feed them egg yoke until the BBS hatch then syphon the remaining yoke after a few hours. This shouldn't foul the tank too much if you perform water changes after a week.
nOOb iHACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #15 
henshooter

finally got around to answering (pc trouble)

Ok the update is finally here guys '
after daily water changes and such it was all a bit much in the smaller tank so i carefully siphoned all 230 of them into the bigger tank which is much better for them and they were doing great for aweek or so when all of a sudden i had many deaths ( i think due to not all were taking sufficient food) so was left with about 100 or so (very sad morning and freaking out to go with it)
the rest were fine and i started to feed the live rotifers which they gobbled up and loved
then the heater decided to die and as a final ditch effort heated the water up to extreme temps for the betta and i lost alot more

as money is tight ive been forced to place the remaining 30 or so into a fry saver in my communal tank and to my supprise they are thriving and growing double size every day get feed with frozen rotifers and are as happy as pie

regards Henshooter
henshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #16 
Oldfishlady

Thats too bad about the loss of fry, however, now you are left with a good manageable number of the strongest fry.....this will make it much easier IMO......how old are they getting to be now.....hope to see some pics soon.....keep us posted.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #17 
mernincrazy8525

hey guys im new here and my name is james. I just got into betta breeding in august and i have tried many pairs of bettas, but none of them spawned. I had one to spawn but they both ate the eggs because the father didnt fertlize them. any ideas of why? oh and i could use some pairs of bettas right now. Im looking for a MG halfmoon pair.
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #18 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by mernincrazy8525 View Post
hey guys im new here and my name is james. I just got into betta breeding in august and i have tried many pairs of bettas, but none of them spawned. I had one to spawn but they both ate the eggs because the father didnt fertlize them. any ideas of why? oh and i could use some pairs of bettas right now. Im looking for a MG halfmoon pair.
Welcome to the forum James...you should start a new thread in the breeding section and we would be happy to help in any way we can and you will get more response too.....
Go to breeding-upper left hand is a new thread tab...hit that, make a title, ask your question....again welcome....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #19 
mernincrazy8525

thnx i will do that.
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote