Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #21 
ansalong

Lion Mom, have you bought from 84elmo2001 on aquabid? I always love ALL that seller's fish.
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #22 
vaygirl

Aw, such pretty boys! I love your pictures. They look really good and healthy. :) I especially love Valentine. He reminds me of Tango!

My tanks are 5 gallon and came with a light, hood and a filter. They're 25 bucks online at Walmart. They're called Hawkeye 5 gallon. You'd only have to add a heater. Here's a pic of one of mine so you can see how they look.

Edit: Apologies that it's a big ole mess. I have it crammed with plants above and below. Lol!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #23 
Aluyasha

Or if you want a bigger tank that takes up less shelf space, then go for this one,
http://www.fish.com/item/aquatic-edg...701002/?ref=cj
It is a 5 gallon tall for only $14.99!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #24 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansalong View Post
Lion Mom, have you bought from 84elmo2001 on aquabid? I always love ALL that seller's fish.
Yes, I have - that is Michelle's husband. Always happy with their fish and their packing!!!

Matter of fact, this is one of his fish that I am expecting tomorrow:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...tasd1297579408

Last edited by Lion Mom; 02-15-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #25 
gardengirl13

The fish dept manager from our local petsmart drove to another store (an hour + away- but I think he must live somewhat near there) to get the two heaters I needed! They were supposed to be in on Monday but the distributor must have been out, so he got them from another store in case they couldn't get them this coming monday, knowing we need them ASAP. Well we put them in last night and Oliver was swimming around looking at my hands and the new heater, trying to get in my way and making it more difficult to get it in the tank, especially with my laughing at him so much. Valentino was the same, but not so in the way, but after I got my hands out of the tank he just looked around at everything. Then I plugged it in and the light came out, he swung his head around and got maybe 1cm away from the light and just flared at it for about a minute or longer. He then calmed down and just went back to his pacing the back but now swimming in and out around the heater and plants. He's totally just in his own little world, even when we feed him, he knows it's there but waits for us to walk away before he eats. Yet when my hands were in his tank he was right up against them like he wanted to be pet???

He likes attention, but more like a cat then a dog, on his terms not ours. hee hee!

I still may look into other tanks kits. I did move Oliver back tot he unused wood stove and Valentino to the smaller bookcase next to Fiddy's tank. It just seems a bit better of a set up for us. But I really want nice lights. I think eventually and all in one tank with filter and a light would be better. I'll keep looking around for something that would fit the bill. Right now with not much money (just got an $800 heating oil bill!) it'll have to wait for a "luxury" item like a swankier tank for each.
gardengirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #26 
ansalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Yes, I have - that is Michelle's husband. Always happy with their fish and their packing!!!

Matter of fact, this is one of his fish that I am expecting tomorrow:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...tasd1297579408
How cute!

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news. I like my LFS for bettas, but I always want to order from him! Now that I know he is great to do business with I'm not sure I"ll be able to control myself
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #27 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansalong View Post
How cute!

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news. I like my LFS for bettas, but I always want to order from him! Now that I know he is great to do business with I'm not sure I"ll be able to control myself
I know I can't!!!!!

Seriously, one thing I LOVE about dealing with Roy & Michelle is they raise the fish themselves so I KNOW where they came from And NO double shipping like imports!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #28 
Pekemom

Where do they ship from?
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #29 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
Where do they ship from?
Louisiana.

If you go on one of their auctions you will see where they are from. :)