Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #1 
Thunderloon

Cocoa

About two years ago I got an interesting brick maroon, brown sided female with dark mustard edges. I named her cocoa and she looked like someone smeared a dove chocolate advert over a betta.

Cocoa was something special, it took her a bit longer than most the girls to learn her name but she thought names were so awesome that she'd come up and watch me call and wiggle fingers at other girls.

Then she started herding new girls up to my corner of the tank and I realized she was waiting for me to name them. So for Cocoa's sake I made sure I had names before I got home.

When I couldn't find a girl I'd call Cocoa out and play with her, then call her name AND the name of the girl I was trying to find a couple times and she'd go find her tank sister!

Keeping seven to nine girls in the tank, Cocoa ended up learning the names of twelve different fish, I realized that she might not understand me re-using a name so I had to get creative.

I'm fairly certain she's my favorite one, I don't have any pics of her tho. She lived eleven months from walmart, maybe thirteen from fry.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:05 AM   #2 
Aluyasha

What an intelligent Betta. She sounded very special.
I miss her now just by hearing about her.
R.I.P. Cocoa
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote