Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 01:05 AM   #1 
ShadowXene

My fish thank this forum.

So... I've been lurking about on the forums for a couple of weeks now, and finally decided I may as well register and introduce myself (and my fishies!).

First of all, I'd like to thank the community for being a wonderful resource. Even just lurking I've learned a ton. My two bettas thank you too. Before I stumbled across this forum they were cohabiting one of those teeny "divider" bowls and were listlessly laying about. Now, one of my bettas has the bowl to himself and another is the happy new inhabitant of a 2.5 gal planted tank. Because, of course, I immediately focus in on the harder stuff to begin with. *sigh*

Thankfully, I did research! And this forum, along with the links I found to other forums and sites were a tremendous help. And I'm super happy with the way my tank turned out. It's still really new, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll be when it's fully established.

Pics!

And Riemman, who wasn't particularly happy with having his picture taken. He kept trying to run away.

Josselin is a much more agreeable fish when it comes to having his picture taken. I swear he was posing for the camera...

So, again, thank you all. I'm looking forward to being an active part of the forums!
ShadowXene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #2 
bettafish15

Welcome to the forums! :D Your fish are beautiful! I love the first ones tank! :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #3 
SaylorKennedy

Welcome! Glad you found this forum and I'm sure your bettas are glad too. Nice tank too. :) Any questions don't hesitate to ask!
Good to have another fellow Illinoisan. :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #4 
ShadowXene

Thanks! I'm going to see about getting Josselin a planted tank of his own, but for the moment he seems pretty happy with just the bowl he's in right now. He's easy to please. Riemman's a bit more standoffish and "dignified". :D
Old 02-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #5 
Hadouken441

Nice with the plants. Always love seeing people starting to use real plants. That crypt parva in front is awesome btw. Slow grower! But if your patient it can carpet your floor
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your tank and fish are very pretty.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #7 
Aluyasha

That is what this forum is for. :)
Good luck with your fish, they are beautiful! Is Josselin a DT?
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #8 
ShadowXene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
That is what this forum is for. :)
Good luck with your fish, they are beautiful! Is Josselin a DT?

Yeah, he is. He's awesome. =D
Old 02-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #9 
Thunderloon

Looks well laid out, that's the big brother tank to the 2gal hex I reviewed in tanks. Very reliable filter and nice bright lights.

You'll want to watch the larger plants for surfacing roots I think, it looks like you have about an inch of stone on bottom which should be fine but usually inch and a half to two inches is better depending on size of plants.

Can't remember a good aquatic plant care site off the top of my head tho.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #10 
kfish

I love it! Planted tanks are so pretty. :) What substrate is that and where did you get it? It doesn't look like gravel, but that could just be because I can't see it well. I like it a lot, though and need something to decorate my soil/sand substrate natural planted tank with ;)
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote