Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #1 
fleetfish

Quicksilver has a sore or something

I was doing a mini shoot this morning and noticed that Quicksilver has what seems to be some sort of sore or infection on his side close to the base of his tail. It looks pretty deep when I look at it.

He's eating well and acting normally. I feed high quality pellets and frozen.
Temperature is 25*, maybe a little more. The room where I keep my fishies in is the warmest room in the house, so it depends.
Q's is in a 2.5g with Hydor mini heater, no filter.
I do waterchanges every five days, but recently I've been slacking because of school work ... I feel so bad about that.

For now I'm catching up on WCs, so I'll add some aquarium salt and BWE and keep an eye on Q's side. This guy has had a few bacterial problems before ... his dorsal had a bit of finrot and it basically fell apart. It's healed now, thankfully.

Opinions?
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

It may be due to an injury, however, with an opening in the skin will give the bacteria away in......I would start making daily 50-100% water changes for the next 5 days and then get on a regular weekly schedule of 1-50% and 1-100% thereafter....if you use aquarium salt in the tank make sure you use enough....that being 1tsp/gal...to do any good....just a pinch or a little can sometimes do more harm than good in the long run by creating resistant.......but-IMO-if you are going to do a salt treatment is is easier to do it in QT.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #3 
fleetfish

Thank you OFL, I will get right on with the treatment.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote