Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #1 
Slayers

Begging Betta

My betta has learned how to beg he sits at the front of his tank and swims side to side opening his mouth and when I grab his food containers he will go nuts is there any way around this or do I just have to try not pay attention to him?
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #2 
bettafish15

Haha, everyones betta does that! Remember not to feed him more than normal because of it's cuteness. XD Stick to your feeding amount/schedual no matter what! You get used to it :P
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #3 
Littlebittyfish

hahaha, Cleo does that too!Sometimes I pick up the food container just to see him go crazy. ( mean, I know) . I think it's real cute though.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #4 
DeadMemories92

Mine does the same thing! I get harassed every day. hahaha
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #5 
scootshoot

Community tanks are just as funny to watch. 5 betta females + 4 feeder guppy + 3 platy all staring at me spazzing out when I come by the tank. My betta females jump due to eagerness when they think food is being dropped. Have to keep my water level bout 2-3 inches from the top for fear of these gals hopping out of the tank during feeding time.

Just now one of my gals hopped during feeding time and landed on her side atop the Riccia (floating plant), she wiggled herself back into the water.....

Last edited by scootshoot; 02-12-2011 at 05:06 PM.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #6 
Pekemom

It's incredible how responsive they are! Like little water puppies!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #7 
Lion Mom

All of mine act the same way - perfectly normal. :)

Today (Sunday) is their fasting day. Hacker - who is sitting on my computer desk - thinks he is starving to death and trying to eat a java fern root - LOL!!! Yes, it' tempting to feed him, but I know it's better for him if I don't for today!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #8 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
They are like little water puppies. My Betta, K.U. Dude (Red and Blue VT, Rock Chalk Jayhawks!) has the feeding containers by his tank. When I walk by his tank he swims toward the containers with all of his finnage in full display and fully displayed as he can as if to say "if I make myself real pretty maybe I can get a treat." When he gets close to the containers of food he slows down and stops and gives me the "show Betta Display" of all of his fins. Crazy guy...Mr. Attitude.
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote