Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #11 
Luimeril

i caved. went to Gamestop with my sister, and ran into walmart to get headphones and aquarium salt. the nearly-tail-less boy was still there, so i got him. :< i sure hope he makes it through the night.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #12 
chelsmarie23

I really hope he does! Good luck!! Give us an update tomorrow. c:

I went to Walmart today also. Not only were the bettas in awful shape (there was an unpleasant odor too) but their entire pet area had horrible care. It didn't look like anyone had tended to the area is a few days.
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #13 
Luimeril

i just got done with a looong, angry e-mail to the store. :/ the betta water hadn't been changed since they got there, since that blue crud was still in there. i'll definatly give you guys updates on Gimpy(name pending. xD). he's in a Tetra 1.5 right now, getting used to the temps. i'm gonna add aquarium salt to help his fin rot, and won't bother with the filter until he has some tail back.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #14 
ShadowXene

I also just walked into walmart today, against my better judgment, needing to check for an item. I ended up walking by the pet section. Oh god. The betta cups were FILTHY and the poor fish looked like they were prisoners on death row. And I guess that's not too far off. It wasn't just the betta cups either. Their community fish tanks were also horribly grungy. Is it really so much effort to take a little care to make a living creature's existence at least bearable?

Some days, I really want to just grab these people and shove them into a tiny little box where they have to live in their own excrement and have all of three feet to walk around in.
ShadowXene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #15 
NightxFury

Seriously. If they're going to have a pet section, they should have someone there to TEND to it. Fish are just as alive as dogs and cats. God! I came home and looked at Trublion and was like "If anyone stuck you in a cup like that, I'd kill them. > : |" it's ridiculous.

I'm so glad you got that fish though! Take good care of him and keep us updated. <3
NightxFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #16 
Luimeril

i got pics of his little butt stub(what i've been calling what's left of his tail). he's so stressed, poor boy. he's all bloaty, too, cause he has trouble swimming DOWN, he'll just bob right back up. :'(
Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #17 
NightxFury

DDD: Nuuu. I'll be cheering for you, little guy, when I'm not cheering for my poor refugees.

One of them has some fin rot/shredding and I realized that the other looks like he's missing a chunk from his lip. I don't even know HOW that happened. Wal*Mart, I hate you.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #18 
Luimeril

cheer for them all! :O Gimpy needs it badly. i'm gonna upload pics soon.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #19 
naturegirl243

I have the same problem with our meijers thats how I got Mizu the betta care has gotten better they don't sit and rot as badly the actually sell pretty fast now,But yeah Mizu was the same wasy I saw him he barely had a tail and I didn't even think twice I picked the little bugger up and brought him home I have had him for about a year now.I have before and after pictures.Actually he has his own album if you go to the picture thingy on my profile.I think you will fall in love with your new boy and watching the process of them recover is the coolest part.

EDIT:Oh duh the most recent picture of him is in my avatar lol.I have a before picture in his album though.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #20 
NightxFury

Aw, he's gorgeous! I'm hoping to have the same effect on these two.