Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #11 
Arkerone

The substrate is Estes' SpectraStone from Clifford W. Estes Co. based in New Jersey, I picked it up at my LFS.

Thank you for all the info by the way! I'm going for the 10 hour photoperiod you suggested.

I put a sponge cover on the filter intake (to keep out curious shrimp!) and I think I could probably use my fish net on the sponge then remove it for cleaning, if I don't net it first it all just falls off when the suctions stops, haha.

As for adding the Betta, I'm waiting to hear back from the transshipper on costs, I'm planning on buying online. The bettas in the 3 LFS here are so very sad looking and misidentified. I want to rescue them, but I can't rescue them all!

More pics tonight!
Arkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #12 
Arkerone

As you may or may not be able to see (not the greatest photographer... yet) I added some floating Egeria Densa to the front left and back right of the tank (the only 2 places that it wants to stay in for now, haha)

I also put in 2 moss balls in the right foreground.

6 Crystal Red Shrimp! I was worried when I got them home, they had turned to bit brown and sad looking but once I floated the bag for a bit to equalize the temp the brightened right back up! These little guys are super active so far, exploring every nook and cranny and trying their darndest to get into the filter! (to no avail thusfar)

They dart all over the tank stopping at each plant for an inspection, then after a while they all take a break together and gather on a leaf or stem together. and watching them play with the filter current is funny too.

Pics!

Arkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #13 
hazelvine

Ok, so I finally came up with a name for each of them. Though Arkerone pointed out today that we might not be able to tell which is which. Here are their names:

Sharky
Skypuff
Poky
Pinchy
Bumblebee (Arkerone came up with that one!)
Smacky

Also, Ty for getting the moss ball (^_^) I is so happy!!!! <3
hazelvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #14 
hazelvine

Ok, here's a video of our lil guys in action. The pictures weren't the best, but hopefully the video will make up for it! :)

Enjoy!

(i hope we can post links lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGMLOwPLW1c
hazelvine is offline   Reply With Quote