Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #1 
ansalong

Supply Donations

I feel strongly that no one should get any pet without having the funds to provide the right home, food and care for it. But we all see a number of circumstances on these forums where someone is stuck with an established fish (or maybe a random gift they can't bear to give up) and can't afford to get some piece of equipment or medication.

I am wondering if there is any interest in setting up a way that users could donate these supplies to each other. I envision something like an Amazon wish list, which let's people hide their addresses but send needed supplies to each other if they are willing.

Is this something many users are interested in? It requires a certain amount of charity. And if so, any thoughts about how to do it?
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

It's actually a good idea...
I've already done this for other members. I sent some conditioner and food that come with kits I've bought and never used.
Have some laying around still...
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #3 
bamsuddenimpact

Hey if anyone was interested in some betta food mine dont like.. I would donate it. The pellets were a bit too big for my men and they love their new pellets.. and i have hardly used flake food from my first betta and second betta that died in 1.5 and 4.5 days respectively. I also have baby shrimp.. my guys dont seem to like them..sigh And two tetra heaters and one of the flat ones that did not meet my needs. I would prolly only have to charge shipping.... Im a poor college student myself
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #4 
bamsuddenimpact

or even trading haha
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #5 
Pekemom

I think that's such a great idea - was thinking of same when I read a thread last night from a college kid who couldn't afford a heater right now. I've also got some pellet food that's too big for my little betta's mouth, and actually some black gravel I can donate, too...How can we organize this effort?
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #6 
bamsuddenimpact

Haha the college student who couldn't afford the heater was prolly me..been posting it lately
Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #7 
bamsuddenimpact

its too bad we cant get another chatroom on here for this. The craigslist of betta supplies? We post wat we got, then we tell the person our amazon name and correspond a time for them to grab it for like a penny or something?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #8 
FishyFriend1

it sounds like a really good idea. food, tanks, decoration....
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #9 
Sweeda88

That would be a great idea. Honestly, right now if something like my heater blew, I KNOW I wouldn't be able to replace it at the moment, so it would be really helpful if there was some "charity" set-up on here.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #10 
Luimeril

i adore this idea. many times, we're stuck with no way of getting something we need(like, in my case, Remy may need meds, but i've no way of getting to the pet store to get the meds). i actually know someone right now, who could use spare tanks, but can't afford them atm.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote