Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #21 
LittleNibbles93

Possible, I don't see why not.
Its just a big....fragile....box-like...thing made of glass.
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #22 
ansalong

I wonder if we could make a forum section for Donations and Trades, or something. You'd still have to give your address to someone, so it's not the most secure, but most of the websites I've seen are strictly for trade, and sometimes you just want to give someone something!

We could set up a system for advertising city, state, what you have or want, and PMing when you accept someone's offer? Would this work?

Mods?
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #23 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
Like I said, the light does not work. But I just had one of those clip on desk lamps on it and it was fine. It is a older eclipse model.

And here is a photo of all the plants and cave that I do not want.
OMG! I have that same tank, but its a 30gal for my Oranda Goldfishes! Mine is also an older model and I got it pretty much for free, just traded some of my art work to get the thing. LOL

Let me know how much shipping would be on something like that and I would not mind the fake plants.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #24 
demonr6

We have something like this on a computer forum I am a member of. We trade parts and other nonsense all the time. There is a community thermal paste that floats around from person to person as well as memory etc. It works, just have to get people to participate. Take pics of what items / spares you have or whatever and post them in a sticky with forum name then contact via PM. Mark it off as it works its way around. You could have loaner emergency heaters floating around for example if someone needs one till payday. It works, it just has to be implemented correctly. People who abuse the system or are 'leeches' get called out pretty fast and end up on a ban list.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #25 
Sweeda88

Also, I need at least a 20 gallon tank for my Goldfish, and I can never find one cheap enough on Craigslist. A 15 gallon one would be fine for now. If anyone has any extra tanks that size lying around that they want to get rid of, let me know!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #26 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
Also, I need at least a 20 gallon tank for my Goldfish, and I can never find one cheap enough on Craigslist. A 15 gallon one would be fine for now. If anyone has any extra tanks that size lying around that they want to get rid of, let me know!
Hey! If you would rather have her 15gal, by all means! I would not be able to use it right away anyway and I would love to see your goldfish happy in something a bit bigger ^_^

I am waiting for a 55-75-90 gal to pop up in CLst for a price I can afford anyway. Would have to come with a stand too.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #27 
Sweeda88

Yes, I would LOVE that 15 gallon. Poor Betsy has been having health problems lately, and I'm convinced it's because of how overloaded the tank is with all of her waste.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #28 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
Yes, I would LOVE that 15 gallon. Poor Betsy has been having health problems lately, and I'm convinced it's because of how overloaded the tank is with all of her waste.
That could be. My one oranda was in a 10 gal till I could get the bigger one. He would just mope around and push my pleco over. He is now in the 30 and was more lively, but still stressed. So I got him a oranda buddy of the same size and he is so happy. They follow each other around all day, its so cute. Goldfish are social and like other goldfish. Having a buddy can make a big change ^_^ Just gotta make sure you have a filter to handle it all. IF you get that tank, the hood should be a bio wheel filter. So far, mine is doing an awesome job at keeping the tank clean and waste down!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #29 
demonr6

If you find anything on the Orlando craigslist I can always facilitate from this end. Don't know what shipping would cost though. Plus I would need to figure out how to pack it so that it is not being thrown across the warehouse when shipping. You know how those shipping gorillas handle things.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #30 
Sweeda88

So, Aluyasha, I would be VERY interested in that tank and some plastic plants for my Goldie. She is growing like a weed, and needs another tank BADLY. If you think you could send me them, PM me, please? =)