Betta Fish Forum banner

Atison's Betta SPA

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Twilight Storm 
#1 ·
Just bought some! My LFS just got some in. Only 125ml. Wonder if they sell it in a bigger bottle.

I just treated all my tanks with it and treating my sickly HM with it as a boost. He has perked up a lot!

Have any of you used this product? Love it or hate it?

#2 ·
Oh I just looked at there site they sell a 500 ml bottle but they don't sell it through his site you have to find it somewhere else.And you should see how funny my hospital tank looks with the white gravel and the brown water my delta seems alot more relaxed though.Hows your Halfmoon guy doing?

#3 ·
He is dong well. Swimming a bit more and are 3 pellets! They really like that new pellet. I think you should get some tomorrow :D

#4 ·
I want to but I think they only had that one bottle I was looking and I couldn't see another one.I definatly want to buy some natural gravel for The new VT I don't really like how orange the orange stuff makes him look he is acyually yellow the gravel just reflects off of him making him look orange lol.I only need a 5 lb bag though no more 25 pounders lol.

#5 ·
LOL XD. I just bought some white natural gravel at Mijers for the new tank since they did not have a lot of rocks in there. I also moved the "female" into a new spot. My other females are like "Oh thank God!" :p

#6 ·
I just buy Indian Almond Leaves....Atison just waters down the extract and basicly rips you off...he's a great breeder but I would only buy his fish and fish food...not the Spa.

#9 ·
I hate to kick this thread up, but since it was here, and my question fit here, it seemed better then making a whole new thread. (please don't yell)

I have read Indian Almond Leaves have a lot of properties, and that they are used when you breed your bettas.

I got another betta on the 23rd. He has some fin damage.
The guy I just got is a crowntail, his anal fin is ripped in two places almost up to his body and he has a couple places that look like someone stuck a paperclip through his fins.

1.) Will Atison's betta spa help to heal fins? (I did read it is better to get real IALs earlier in the post, but I can't right now due to computer being infected.)

2.) Will it stain a plastic tank? (even if I do not use it I was wondering the answer to this question.)

3.) Would someone please explain the correct way to use it? Or IAL in general?
a.) Can it be used in daily water changes, or just used once a week, and when it is stopped do you need to remove it all from the tank, or can it be taken out with partial water changes, making the solution weaker and weaker until the full 100% water change?

4.) Can it hurt your fish, or live plants, in any way? Someone said the leaves can get moldy above (sorry I didn't hit quote before my post) Can the betta spa get funky as well and cause mold or something bad?

5.) Does a carbon filter remove the benificial properties of IAL or of the betta spa?

6.) Would this be good to add to a tank if I just get a fish to aid in stress? Or in the case of my first betta who HATES light, would this be good to darken the water?

7.) Does it make super hard water a little softer for the fish? (I have VERY hard water.)

8.) I was wondering about that blackwater extract too since it was available in my pet store, and if it was ok for bettas, I read the bottle and it didn't really say much more then it created an amazon river environment.

Thank you so so much to any who can answer these questions!!! (and sorry for the amount of them, but I haven't been able to find a website that is: "everything you ever wanted to know about Indian almond leaf, and it's uses for betta fish." :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.