Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #1 
Abby

new tank picture overload

SOOOOOOOOOOO my new tank FINALLY got finished and picked up today.
Im so excited. so any way its an eight bay male betta tank with heater and filter bay at rear. My bf will be putting an Eheim Classic 2215 on as soon as he replaces the impeller, so for the moment its got two aqua one (clear view 100, and a clear view 280) with an aqua one heater 100watt. Temp lighting is a two foot aqua one 18watt T8, it will have two led lights put in by my bf in two or three weeks.
OK so here goes. the boys are as follows:

Sponge Bob Fish Pants: Yellow VT
Nero: Red/silver-white CT
Dastan: blue/red/purple VT
Benny: Blue/white Butterfly VT with serious case of tail biting
Louie: red/blue/white pastal CT
Melvin: Blue/white/mulit head VT has dorsal biting problem

All fish are undergoing melafix mainly for the tail biters.
the tank has a bare bottom each boy has java moss except dastan who has a plant I will be adding more plants and grave in a few weeks.

NB: the crap pics are mine the GOOD pics my bf took

Louie (Below)

Louie again

Now for the BF's pictures :)

Louie:

Melvin...looks like hes bashed his head or tried to stick it under the divider *sigh*

Louie and Dastan

Dastan going between Louie,Benny and Nero flaring madly all excited

Nero

Newest guy: Sponge Bob Fish Pants :) LOVE his blue streaks :P

I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF SPONGEBOB!!!!!!

tank shots:

Enjoy.

PS: i have nine more fish coming in a week, two more males for the 8 bay and 7 females.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

Nice looking barracks. All your boys look happy and healthy, especially Dastsan. I'm curious though, how does the heated water circulate through the tank? Is there holes in the glass or something to let it pass into each separate partition.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #3 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Nice looking barracks. All your boys look happy and healthy, especially Dastsan. I'm curious though, how does the heated water circulate through the tank? Is there holes in the glass or something to let it pass into each separate partition.

this is just a tank the barracks are not made yet they will be 4 tanks, each tank 6 bays :)

to answer your question there is a 3mm gap under all the bays and the water flows under them. when the other filter is put on the rainbar will be pointed at the base of the back bays to make it flow better at present the flow isnt so great, but there.

there is a scratch on Sponge Bobs bay that really Teeted me off its HUGE. and my boyfriend refuses to call sponge bob....sponge bob. He insists on calling him Mr. Lemonpeel. lol
Old 02-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #4 
Nanglebadger

wow Abby thats awesome!!!! congrats!!!

take care with the height of the water level with the clear dividers, i had an "incident" over the weekend as my lads can see eachother too and one of them decided to go cell hoping and now im looking at quite a few damaged fins. keep it low enough though and they wont jump the dividers!!!

looks amazing!!

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #5 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanglebadger View Post
wow Abby thats awesome!!!! congrats!!!

take care with the height of the water level with the clear dividers, i had an "incident" over the weekend as my lads can see eachother too and one of them decided to go cell hoping and now im looking at quite a few damaged fins. keep it low enough though and they wont jump the dividers!!!

looks amazing!!

Phil.
now that you mention it after acclimating the fish the water level was high (We were checking them as they got their barings we still had two fish to turn loose) lil Louie lept into Dastans bay. the lids were still off and we hadnt had a chance to lower the leel till the last fish were out, and im so glad dastan was so busy flaring at Nero and Benny he didnt notice little louie in his bay and we....when i say we i mean i panicked while bf grabbed the net and scooped louie out, louie continued to eye off the divider while i rushed around lowering the level and bf held his hand over the divider blocking any jumps lol hes a gutsy lil thing leaping into dastans tank...

BF will be trimming the lids so they can be sat across the dividers. or work something else out
Old 02-14-2011, 03:31 AM   #6 
c4talys7

All I can say it wow. That is amazing.
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #7 
animallover4lyfe

That is absolutely amazing!!!!
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love!!!!!! That is awesome! Great job, all of your fishies look happy and excited! And I have never seen pics of Spongebob before, he is one of the prettiest VT's I've ever seen! You should totally get him the spongebob house cave! I have 2, they rock. It would be so funny for him! Hehe. Love him, and once again your bettas are stunning! Great tank, good luck with the extra 9! :P
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #9 
lilchiwolf

I want!
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #10 
ChicagoPete

Wow thats amazing, I wants it lol!
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote