Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #11 
Abby

for a low price of $90 you can get your own made lol well thats what this cost me.well actually it only cost me $25 bucks bf paid for the rest but he wil pay me the $25 back haha
BUT the guy at the lps i know (ive KNOWN him for like 13 yrs LOL) told me he knows a tank builder who buids tanks for the fun of it and sells them dirt cheap. he can build me a four level 40 bay (water circluates through all 40 bays) for $250 i was like WHAT! lol

Im in australia i cant find any sponge bob caves here i so want one for him. and i only got him yesterday hes my valentines day gift (to my self, the tanks from bf)

My bf got up at 330am for work and when he came in at 430am before he eft to say goodbye to me noticed Sponge bob had gone visiting with nero. but nero wasnt looking too good last night lathargic and mopy his breathing this morning was out os sorts so he was at the bottom and sponge bob never saw him so no fighting thankfully, neros been moved back to his critter keeper with espon salts for the bloated look, but the bloats further back and lower i cant get a good pick, also the waters not on a heater so its near the main tanks for light/heat, and ive only got half the usual amount of water i dont want him strugging to get to the surface.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #12 
lilchiwolf

That is one thing about bettas. They always looks for a way to go through the dividers. That's why I have pebbles all about any, what looks to be opening.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #13 
Abby

he cant get under the dividers too small a gap he managed to leap and slide over the top i say slide cause theres a 1cm gap between water level and top of divider and then 1cm between divider and lid :)
Old 02-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

They are such sneaks with getting through dividers. I have this one girl that somehow squeezes herself through the side of the divider to see what I'm doing in the section over.

You're lucky you have someone nearby to do a tank build like that. I've always wanted a barracks or something like a drip system set-up, but then I would just be more inclined to fill it with bettas. I have enough trouble saying no now.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #15 
Sweeda88

It looks cool, but I don't think it's a good idea for them to be able to see each other so much. That will cause too much stress for them.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #16 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
It looks cool, but I don't think it's a good idea for them to be able to see each other so much. That will cause too much stress for them.

They are only able to see each other till I get plants they will flare up and dance for half hr or so then they calm down when I deck ou the tank next pay it will be gravel bottom led lights and plenty of plants to hide in. Melvin I spotted squirming under his java moss last night and promptly looked like he fell asleep lol it was cute. When my barracks go up I'll start. Rotating fish so they ain looking at the same ugly mugs constantly ;)
Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #17 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
They are such sneaks with getting through dividers. I have this one girl that somehow squeezes herself through the side of the divider to see what I'm doing in the section over.

You're lucky you have someone nearby to do a tank build like that. I've always wanted a barracks or something like a drip system set-up, but then I would just be more inclined to fill it with bettas. I have enough trouble saying no now.

Well now I've got a few options of tank builders plus my bf builds pretty good tanks, my bf will be building my barrack tanks it's quicker and cheaper lol he's also going to be building the stand :)
Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #18 
Sweeda88

Oh, okay. And Melvin sounds SOOO cute! I love the name Melvin for a Betta. It's perfect.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #19 
Nanglebadger

having the same problem abby, found two of mine had gone cell hopping last nite, no further damage from the last instance tho.

i agree about the clear dividers, mine are clear, but iv now put bits of wood and plants in, yes there's some flaring, but they also clear off after a while. but i have two that when the lights are on they just seem to want to squeeze over the top of the dividers. so last nite my brother and i had to raise the level of them, and even when i was doing that one of them was jumping at where i was working!!! we've discussed methods of raising the dividers right to the cover glass, so i think thats next. lights are off while im at work here and iv a towel draped over the tank to lower light levels further to keep them calm, should sort them for now.

they are cheeky little gits!!! lol but i would definately not say that mine are stressed from being able to see one another. yes two of them have gone jumping, but they do also swim off and ignore one another too.

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #20 
Abby

because theres 1cm between divider and tank lid we just laid a sheet of egg crate flat on top of the dividers.