Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #1 
danifacetastic

Weight Loss

So right now I'm 5'3 and weigh 130 pounds. I know it's not a lot but I weighed 110-115 for the longest time. And the weight I gained all went to my stomach, hips, and thighs. Problem is....I already bought my prom dress. It still fits but it's a little hard to breathe when I have it zipped up so I'd like to lose at least 15 pounds. I've cut junk food out of my diet for the most part and I know I need to excersize but I live in NC and it's COLD outside. What more can I do to lose this weight? Btw prom is on April 30.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

You could go to a mall and walk around. That's what a lot of people here do.Or if you have access to a treadmill, that would be good, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #3 
danifacetastic

The nearest mall is almost an hour away and it's stilll really cold where I live : /
Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

Dance to some music in your room!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #5 
vilmarisv

I have lost 32 pounds since December 1st, 2010.
I don't exercise but I have more to lose than you hence the quick results.
What I've done is cut all Saturated fats, salt, sugar from my diet. Sounds like a big deal but you get used to it. Also, I eat low fat/low cal foods and everything is counted in servings.
We are used to not measuring things and go by the size of the plate to serve. If the box of pasta says that 1 serving is 2onces, then that's all I have. You compensate the small portions with veggies. But the most important thing is that I eat every 3 hours without fail. This is very important to speed up your metabolism.
Have breakfast within one hour of waking up and then alternate snacks with meals every 3 hours but have your last meal or snack no later than 2 hours before you go to bed.
Just my two cents :D
Best of luck!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
I have lost 32 pounds since December 1st, 2010.
I don't exercise but I have more to lose than you hence the quick results.
What I've done is cut all Saturated fats, salt, sugar from my diet. Sounds like a big deal but you get used to it. Also, I eat low fat/low cal foods and everything is counted in servings.
We are used to not measuring things and go by the size of the plate to serve. If the box of pasta says that 1 serving is 2onces, then that's all I have. You compensate the small portions with veggies. But the most important thing is that I eat every 3 hours without fail. This is very important to speed up your metabolism.
Have breakfast within one hour of waking up and then alternate snacks with meals every 3 hours but have your last meal or snack no later than 2 hours before you go to bed.
Just my two cents :D
Best of luck!
Sounds like a good plan. I'm trying to eat low fat and no sugar. I had high cholesterol but it's come down pretty good but I just found out that I'm diabetic and I don't want to end up like my mom who takes 4 shots a day so I'm trying to watch my sweets. I'm buying sugar free cookies and eating them very sparingly.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #7 
danifacetastic

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I've tried cutting most junk food out of my diet. My mom told me I can't go by what the scale says but by how my clothes feel. The scale says I'm not losing weight but my close DO feel a little looser. What gives?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #8 
Abby

SCALES LIE -evil laugh- i was no heavier then 60kg my whole life....then i moved off the farm where i was horse riding and working all day now im 67 kilo (60kg = 132 pound, 67kg = 147pound) so i dont eat well (some times one meal a day normally dinner, little meat and loads of snack junk and sugar foods, and i try walking a few km a week with the dogs but sometimes my motivation wlks out on me.
**NB BUT ive never hit 70 kilo (154pound)

and im five foot
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:04 AM   #9 
bribri92

Quote:
The scale says I'm not losing weight but my close DO feel a little looser. What gives?
Yes, going by how your clothes feel is the best... If you're exercising more, you may gain weight in muscle mass though you're burning fat. Or if you're eating less sodium you won't be retaining as much water.

Cutting out junk food is a good diet plan, but keep in mind that you need to have some sparingly occasionally or it will be very difficult to keep up, from my experience.

Eating lots of lean meats, fish, fruit and vegetables is great. Drink lots of water! It helps keep you full and cuts out empty calories from juice, soda, etc. Eating small meals/snacks often is what you need to do, as was mentioned.

A friend of mine is having a lot of success with a gluten free diet... she cuts out all gluten products. So no bread or desserts with wheat. For breakfast she eats plain yogurt, grapefruit, and bananas. Lunch usually salad, rice, fish...

Good luck and I'm sure you will look great for prom!
bribri92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #10 
danifacetastic

I'm already a vegetarian so that helps. I must be bloated today though because I tried on my dress 2 weeks ago and I zipped it and it was hard to breathe but today (whilst menstruating) I can't even zip it up.