Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 AM   #11 
Omega3

Which part of NC? The sandhills have some beautiful weather this week, so take advantage! If you're in the mountains, go hiking. You'd be surpirsed how much you'll warm up. You can do crunches in your room or get a pull-up bar. You-Tube has videos of various exercise routines like belly dancing and zumba. Maybe it has kick boxing? Cutting high salt food and drinking lots of water will help you lose extra water weight (you might gain a pound or two initially if you don't drink a lot of water and eat a lot of salt, but it will flush out).

Don't lose more than 1-2lb per week and only try to lose 5% of your weight at a time for healthy weight loss. So, your goal weight NOW should be 130 x 0.05=6.5lbs, so 130-6.5=123.5lbs.

You can go to Caloriesperhour.com and look at all the calculators and things they have. It's pretty awesome and has explanations of various things dealing with weight loss.

I'm trying to lose weight too. I'm doing P90X (from a friend, can't afford it) and I have seen NO results because I have a poor, high carb diet. I'm trying to adjust my diet to cut the carbs so I can lose 15 pounds.
Omega3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #12 
puppyrjjkm

I'm also trying to lose a little around the edges :) haha I recently started working which keeps me from eating from boredom. It also bumps up my metabolism from being busy. I think the biggest thing is just eating less, but eating more fruits and veggies. Add a little exercise and you're good! Maybe you could go to a local gym, or most colleges have indoor pools. Good luck!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #13 
lilchiwolf

Just don't get close to 300lbs and have the fear of being diabetic like me. I am only 24, and have all sorts of issues that I should be going to the doc's to get looked up, but I don't :/

Kinda being forced to do it now.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote