My second crazy photoshoot of my 10 gallon community tank. So I retried the whole planted tank thing and succeeded! (I had horrible algae last time and gave up). I took 42 photographs (waaay more actually but i only uploaded 42). I only displayed my favorites here. Check out my Flickr
to see the whole set.
- Wood! I found out that Manzanita wood is GREAT for tanks and In the area where I live we have these trees in the hills I hike on weekends. So I took several peieces that were laying on the trail. I know they are seasoned because they have faint scorch marks from last years fire.
- More plants than EVER! I have Apongeton, a ton of java ferns (babies too!), Anacharis, Hygrophila, Wisteria (new), Peace lily (emmersed) and Pothos (emmersed)
- Platies! The orange ones with their black "lipstick" and a panda platy.
- Black bg
- Size: 10 gallons
- Substrate: Inert (regular aquarium gravel)
- Ferts: 2 drops of Kent's liquid fertilizer daily - also API root tabs for some of the plants
- Lighting: Indirect sunlight + 23 watt 6500k CFL light (in the afternoon for four hours)
- Maintenance: 30-50% Weekly water change with gravel vacuum. I only vacuum the clear areas.
Some of the pics:
Tank looks awesome from this angle:
My awesome platies "kissing" my fingers:
Bella the Crowntail Female (NO, It's NOT a Twilight
If you guys have ANY questions please ask! I'll be glad to help.