Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #1 
boro

Tank month by month time lapse

So I was taking a picture of my tank for another topic when I thought hey, might be cool to compare it to my picture of the tank when I first got it...

My plants have definitely grown. I've only got two live ones, an anubias and an amazon sword. The difference in the sword is obvious (well to me at least) the anubias isn't so obvious, although it did sprout a new leaf.

I'm hoping I can keep editing this post over time, this is really just as much for me to have somewhere to keep this in one place as it is to show you guys lol, I want to see how much my stuff is growing since it's hard to notice the difference gradually.

Month 0:

Month 1:

Different cameras but you can see how the amazon sword is sticking up over the ruins on the right side now and the anubias has sprouted a new leaf over on the ruins to the left...

I'll update this every month or so...from the looks of things that amazon sword is gonna get huge...
boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #2 
Abby

they do get rather big, well ours did LOL to the point we were trimming it on a weekly basis along with the entire 4 foot tank plants they all were so well growing it was a weekly thing :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #3 
Goomba3

I still am in love with your tank and your fish!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #4 
Crazykat

Ooh, I love this idea! I wish I'd gotten pictures of my tank when it first started. I love your tank btw! Are you thinking about getting more plants?
Crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #5 
boro

Thanks everyone! And definitely thinking about it, but haven't really planned anything yet. I'd really like to have a big one over by the filter (have a small fake one there currently though it's hard to see) but I wouldn't want it to get constantly sucked up into the intake.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #6 
boro

Hello again! Another month, another picture.

Last month:

This month:

My sword on the right has gotten bigger as you can see, and the anubias has sprouted another leaf. Also, I've added another amazon sword over on the left by the filter intake. It's been there about two weeks and is doing great.

Also added 6 cory cats since the last picture and moved a couple of my fake plants to make room for the real amazon sword.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #7 
Cravenne

It's really interesting to see the growth!

Great job :)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #8 
Goomba3

Wow! That sword plant is getting huge! Great job, I suck a keeping live plants, well, alive.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #9 
boro

Thanks! I'm actually kinda surprised my plants are alive too. I don't really do anything for them except supply them with fish poop.

Another month, some more leafy growth and my snails doing their thing. Growth seems to be slowing down a little bit.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #10 
scootshoot

Nice idea. Wish I had done this with my sorority betta's. I bought em when they were teeny tiny but a few of them have grown nicely, my red one for one whom was the littlest of the bunch has grown huge and has outgrown all the other females.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote