Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #1 
bettagirl28

Tetra Water Wonders 1.5 Gallon

I was wondering if any of you have owned this tank before. (I'll post a picture of it). I know it's 1.5 gallons, but I was wondering if it's a suitable and sturdy home for a betta fish as I am planning on getting a female.

how many of you own one of these tanks? Can you please post a picture of your tank so I can get an idea of how big it really is?

If you wouldn't recommend this tank, do you know any other tank that may be suitable?

I was thinking of getting a critter ceeper, the medium or large one.

bettagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #2 
turtle10

Get the three gallon kritter keeper, it is twice the size of that. 2.5 gallons is generally recommended as the minimum.

Plus, Tetra products are not very good quality.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #3 
PatrickFish

I had this tank for my male betta for a month. I liked the design of the light, and the little drawer underneath for supplies, but the filter was a real pain. Unless the water level was perfect, it would never work right for me. After a while, i got a deal on a 10 gallon for him, and now he is happy as can be. This aquarium is better suited for shrimp.
PatrickFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

Its actually a decent tank IMO and IME, I used it for months and months and it was fine. There was no need for the filter, so I left it out and the light was really only to see the fish.
A greaaattt QT tank now that I have a 5gal lol!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #5 
Aluyasha

If you are planning on getting a female, I would recommend a larger tank. Females (because they are not weighed down by fins like the males are) are very active fish. She will need some room to swim.

But, IMO, I do like this tank. And I normally kept the filter out as well.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #6 
SmokeNLark

I have this tank. I love it. A bit on the small side, but it works with good water changes. I too kept the filter out. I don't see a reason for a filter in anything less than 3 gallons. I love the design. Here's a pic of mine-

I would recommend it. It's not beautifully constructed, but it works. Its designed like tanks that are far more expensive.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #7 
Aluyasha

Oh yeah, I forgot to post a photo of mine from when it was up. It had Darcia in it.

It is actually a decent size and shape. It has enough room to fit a cave and some plants.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 AM   #8 
ilovebunnies

As long as you do frequent water changes, I see nothing wrong with this tank.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #9 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
If you are planning on getting a female, I would recommend a larger tank. Females (because they are not weighed down by fins like the males are) are very active fish. She will need some room to swim.

But, IMO, I do like this tank. And I normally kept the filter out as well.
Wow I never thought of that.. but it is so true my females are a lot more active than my males, they can go really fast!
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #10 
demonr6

I had our Marco in that tank for well over a year with live plants, a little bridge and he was happy as can be. I did not use the filter because that tank required a more frequent water change but I did have a heater and it worked swell. I kept his pellets and the conditioner in the little storage. The light was useless for the plants but I had natural light and low light plants.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote