Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #21 
PewPewPew

Oh, and nah- Alle's rediculously mellow and sweet. He can be a little jerk sometimes and is stubborn, but hes one of the most placid bettas Ive yet to see! :3

I love your boys btw- sooooo ccuuuteeeee <3
Name:  alle14.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  50.3 KB
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #22 
PewPewPew

Both my bf and I had live in there! :D I had annubias and now have anarchis all wound up, it looks cool and is a fun place for them to weave in and out and sleep.
I use marbles. Its a personal preference, though. If you do do the 100%, I got one of those children's cruddy beach toy sifters and use that to get rid of the poops and clean the marbles/gravel! :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #23 
Thunderloon

any tank can be cycled if you use the right materials and know how to protect the bacterial substrate.

Most people who don't think their tank HAS a cycle or cycled are cycled.

Like I say, it WILL happen whether you want it to or not, know it or not.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #24 
misamiania

How would I go about cycling a 1.5g then? Out of curiosity sake at this point.
misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #25 
Thunderloon

I'll include that I believe.

The trick is appropriate bio-media surface area to a given tank. I'll cheat a little using a bio-ball in the pre-filter but its a sterile one, fresh from box.

Nitrite cycle bio-filtration is simply the addition and sustainment of what are effectively inches of anti-fish in the tank.

The old rules about inches per gallon have to do with the available surface area and effectiveness of under-gravel filters... which suck, tbh.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 02-16-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #26 
tsoto80

Beautiful boys you got there! Not sure if anyone mentioned it or not but get a test kit so you can check the water levels although I am not sure if its nessary with a small tank and many water changes....all my tanks are big oh I was gonna say later on if you wanted you could split a larger tank instead of buying multiples. Just keep in mind this hobby is addicting I learned the hard way lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #27 
misamiania

I already know it's addicting especially when I stumbled on aquabid, sooo many pretty ones! An I know you can split the tanks. But if I can manage it I would still like to have my guys in five gallon tanks. At least my first two. From there as I get more I'm sure I'll be splitting tanks haha but if I have two in their own tanks maybe it'll incline me not to get too many... >> yea huh
misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote