Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #1 
sticks

2.5 mini bow water change ????

I have a 2.5 mini bow with filter . How often should i do a water change and what % ?
sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #2 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks View Post
I have a 2.5 mini bow with filter . How often should i do a water change and what % ?
I do a %50 water change every other week, and a %100 every other week as well...I hop that didn't confuse you..lol.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #3 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloo97 View Post
I do a %50 water change every other week, and a %100 every other week as well...I hop that didn't confuse you..lol.
Every other week is too far, especially for a 2.5g!

In a 2.5 gallon filtered, 1-50% and 1-100% change every week is perfect.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #4 
bloo97

Depends for me...Dragon is probably the healthiest of my 2 fish even onthat schedule. Infact, he is due for a water change thisweekend.

But I am not here to argue.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #5 
Thunderloon

On my small cycled tanks I do a 20% change every two days and take it down to where they just have room to swim every week. A couple small plants like anubias or grassy types survive the large water changes O.K. as long as you don't flush them around the tank when filling back up. I do gravel on all water changes, just don't get much done on the 20% change days but it makes a dif.

On non cycled tanks I scoop out a half cup of water, fill it the rest of the way with prepared water from the jug beside the tank then proceed to clean the tank including rock scrubbing. When you're done cleaning you add water treatment to the tank and pour in the water from the jug to fill it and net happy betta back in. Then dump the remaining prepared water out and fill the jug with tap water, shake it a while to sterilize it then put in the right dose of water treatment for it. Cap and set the jug near the tank at the same level in the room. If you use a small heater in your tank, use one in the jug as well and remember to un-plug them both about a half hour before cleaning. Cutting a slit on the handle side of the jug's threads so that the cap can go on with the heater wire below the closed cap is best way to handle heaters, no point in making water that catches dirt and bugs. This way you have a jug of water ready to go close by if something goes goofy in the tank AND the water gets aged.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 02-17-2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: added indoctrination into pettaphysics using davinci mapping
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote