Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #1 
THATDragonLovesBettas

Wink Your "Someday..." Pets and Plans

OK, we ALL do it. Plan for the next 5 aquariums/pets at all times. Dream about the pets we KNOW we can't care for but want badly. Or, get mad at our parents for not letting us have the pet we REALLLLY want. Obsesivly plan the layout and stocking for the tanks we have and will have. Here, you can lay that ALL OUT. That includes everything I just mentioned. For example, here's MY lists:

Pets/tanks I'm getting when I have the $$- 10 gallon Dwarf Puffer tank with a reef theme ( to fool visiters who dont know anything about fish into thinking I have a SW tank ;D ) with a shoal of about seven otos, a 10 gallon tank for a single giant betta with one of those big fake crocodile skeletons and white/red gravel, a baby betta from petco, and also complete my work-in-progress 10 to 29 gallon tank upgrade

Pets my parents won't let me have (GRRR )- Zebra Finches (my dad has something weird with birds ), and crested geckos (my mom won't let me)

Cool pets I WANT but couldn't care for- snake (I couldn't feed it mice, live or frozen- too gross ), iguana (I looked up its basic care once- they're HARD to care for), and seahorses (same reason as iguanas but- GAHH seahorses are one of my favorite animals SOB)

And of course, all of us suffer from those pet store bettas giving us puppy eyes and sneaking into our home...

I'm also including animals/creatures we want but aren't actually suited to be pets, but I'm not doing my list for that becuase this post is already too big, and THAT list of mine is ENDLESS.
(DRAGONS ARE ON THERE AND SO ARE NUMEROUS POKEMON-IT HAD TO BE SAID)
Looking forward to what you all say!

Last edited by THATDragonLovesBettas; 04-18-2015 at 02:01 PM.
THATDragonLovesBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #2 
Julie7778

Ahahah I love the puffer "saltwater" tank, very clever

Even though you know mine this is my future ideas:

(All tanks will be natural including A LOT of plants and driftwood.)

1. 10 or 20 gallon Dwarf Puffer tank.

Black gravel
Driftwood in the shape of a tree and add moss to make it look like a tree
Lots of "grass"

2. Shrimp tank

Fluval starter kits for shrimps
Black shrimp gravel
Rocks/cliff look with grass (gravel higher in the back) and at the bottom more "grass"
Cherry shrimp

3. Betta tanks (too many to write down

and....

4. 40-75g or bigger for salt water.

Won't happen unless I become rich
Pufferfish
Clownfish
And many more :) (haven't done research because I don't want to get hooked on an idea that I can't do until many years...)

OR

5. 40-75g or bigger

Huge community tank with who knows what :D

When I can I plan to just have a room of fish tanks, I want to make it very modern. Or have the big tank in the living room and the others in my room or anywhere I please
Julie7778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #3 
THATDragonLovesBettas

Oooo! I've seen setups like your talking about for the dwarf puffers! They're awesome! You could make it look it really cool!
I would love to have clown fish someday! I remember reading that they were fairly easy SW fish..? Not sure, it was a while ago.

Edit for pets I'd get when I have $$- MAYBE axolotls. They're these funky- I think they're a species of salamander?- that keep their lungs so you can have them in an aquarium. I'd have sand and lots of plants and... rock caves.
Look them up! They're weird but cute/cool.

Last edited by THATDragonLovesBettas; 04-18-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #4 
LittleBettaFish
Reference Team

I want chickens again some day. We used to have an absolute hoard of them. They were Belgian d'uccle, and very tame. Unfortunately, we only live on an average sized suburban block with three dogs, and they had to be confined to large pens, which turned to mud when it rained, and dust when it didn't. It wasn't the best situation, and is the only reason we don't have them now.

If I ever moved to the country, I would definitely have chickens. The only downside is chickens seem to attract rats and thus, snakes.

I also want some Indian Runner ducks. Only problem would be making sure foxes couldn't get to them, as a fox killed the ducks I used to look after on my mum's ex-partner's property.

I also really like goats. I had two 'heart goats' in the past, and I was devastated when my mum broke up with her partner and I had to say goodbye to them. It was like giving up one of my dogs. Only trouble with goats is that they rival Houdini when it comes to getting escaping, so I would have to work out some sort of paddock for them, as I don't like seeing goats tethered out.

If I had to choose an animal that I would never legally or otherwise, be able to own as a pet, it would likely be a cheetah. They are my favourite big cat.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #5 
THATDragonLovesBettas

Thanks for your input LittleBettaFish! Chickens and ducks huh... I have to ask out of curiosity-why? I think I can get why for goats.

On axolotls, I just looked up what you have to feed them... worms. Yeah, sorry little guys, but I don't think I'd want to do that. ;S
Old 04-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #6 
LittleBettaFish
Reference Team

Because they are great fun to own. Our chickens all had their own personalities and I could tell each rooster from their individual crows. They have a lot to offer as pets other than eggs and meat. The ducks were the same. They used to love when I'd spend the morning cleaning out their bath tub pond, so they could get right back into it and make a mess almost immediately after.

I think you sort of have to have had chickens/ducks to understand the appeal.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #7 
charliegill110

i want chickens as well! and some day i'd really love to have a sorority and a community tank and a couple more betta tanks. i also really really really want a puli, a chihuahua, and a hairless cat. and ducks.

pets that i'd love to have but couldn't care for- horses!!! i'd also love pigs and goats.
charliegill110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:19 PM   #8 
THATDragonLovesBettas

LittleBettaFish, I get what you mean. It's kinda like how no one would expect bettas to have personalities because they're "just fish", but they do!
Charliegill, that's one I forgot to mention-I'd like a sorority too! I didn't know what a puli was until I looked it up.. now I know that it's a cute dog breed!
Also, +1 on the horses part- I LOVE horses!!!

Last edited by THATDragonLovesBettas; 04-18-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:17 AM   #9 
Racoon293

Been dreaming of a koi pond for some time.
Racoon293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:03 AM   #10 
Reccka

I can take care of and want an axolotl. But they're illegal in California. Shut down by the man again.
Reccka is offline   Reply With Quote