Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #181 
Arashi Takamine

Does anyone have any recipe's for thanksgiving leftover's like mashed potato's and stuffing?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #182 
dew

You could make a nice shepherds pie with the mashed potatoes.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #183 
purplemuffin

I just made a tuna and avocado sandwich. :) MMMmmmm!!

One avocado
One can of tuna
2 tbsp mayo
Salt/pepper to taste

was the base recipe. You could also add anything else you normally would to a tuna sandwich(hard boiled egg was what my friend liked to mix in) and then eat it on a slice of toast with or without cheese and lettuce! I just liked it straight with toast. SO GOOD! :)

This made about 4 sandwiches! So be ready to save some or bring a friend.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #184 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds good and healthy.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #185 
cjayBetta

Ive heard of a lot of recipes with avocado I just cannot eat them... Blek.. they are yucky :P:P
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #186 
toddscire

Last night I had ant eggs and rotted fish.

Uhhhh, sometimes my wife makes me eat stuff that is good but? Wow fire ant eggs and pa dek. She spent the whole day shaking a bamboo tree for ant eggs.
Then we ate dinner. Ant egg soup! And rice......I of course said it was very good and choked down all I could. She loves bugs! Just about any bug is fair game and I get lots of crunchy snacks every day. The most strange one was a 2 foot long walking stick bug and the nasty one was the 10 inch roach that was gooey and smelled like warm butter. To see her smile with a mouth full of crickets still makes me cringe a little.......But I love her. She takes very good care of me. But I need to get her off the bugs........lol Thailand
toddscire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #187 
spazoid

chicken with bacon cider onion sauce

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 maple bacon slices
1/4 cup minced onion
3/4 cup unsweetened apple cider
1/2 cup chicken broth

prep-
-sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper
-cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy
-remove bacon and add chicken to drippings in skillet, cook until done.
-remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
-add onion and cook 2 minutes or until tender
-add cider and broth; bring to a boil, loosen browned bits in the skillet if any
-cook until broth mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes)
-stir in cooked bacon
-serve sauce over chicken

i like to cut my chicken into bite sized pieces before cooking. great with rice, yum!
spazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #188 
kfish

Here's a snack, and 2 dinner/lunches that my boyfriend and I make very often... Everything is all-natural, no vegetable oils, GM ingredients, corn syrup, preservatives, etc. My boyfriend lost 65 lbs in 5 months on this lifestyle.

Tomato Snack:
-1 tomato
-2 tbsp or so (I eyeball it) olive oil
-1 tsp or so (I eyeball this as well) preferred vinegar (I like red wine or balsamic)
-8-12 almonds
-Basil to taste
-Oregano to taste
-Salt to taste
-Pepper to taste
-Grated (FRESH, not that canned junk) parmesan cheese (optional... I only do this if I have it... which I usually do, 'cause I love cheese ;) )

Slice up tomato, put on a plate. Pour olive oil and vinegar over it, sprinkle with seasonings, put almonds around in the olive oil/vinegar pool. Sprinkle on optional parmesan. Ensue tastiness!

Recently, I've added avocado slices to this (have to up the olive oil and vinegar) and it's AMAZING. Or, exchange the tomato for an avocado. It's awesome.

Chicken with Sauteed Peppers and Onions:
Serving for 2...
-2 green bell peppers (keep pepper-onion ratio 2:1... 3 peppers, 1.5 onion, etc. No drastic effects if you don't, though. :P Do what you want. That's just what I do)
-1 sweet onion
-1 clove garlic (add more cloves for more peppers and onions... this isn't exact science, lol, do whatever you want)
-1 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
-Sage
-Paprika
-Oregano
-Onion powder
-Garlic powder
-Salt
-Pepper
-Olive oil
-Butter (plain, real, whole milk butter)

Chop up peppers, onions, and garlic. Sized however you want. I've done slices and diced, both work. Garlic I always mince, of course.

Chop chicken into cubes. Get chicken covered in some olive oil (we just put the appropriate amount of olive oil in a pan, then roll the chicken around in it with the stove off). Rub chicken with sage, paprika, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper (again, just add it all in the skillet and roll it around with the stove off). We eyeball all of these measurements... the idea is to have the chicken pretty well covered, but not smothered. We use the most of sage and paprika.

Cooking the vegetables:
Heat up a skillet for the vegetables (if possible, have someone ready to start the chicken when you start the vegetables... they're done at about the same time... possible to do it by yourself, just have to switch ;P). Add some olive oil (like 2 tbsp) and a few pats of butter (you want the vegetables to be coated in olive oil/butter... when I make this for 5 people, I use almost a whole stick of butter for 4-6 peppers, 2-3 onions... for just the two of us, I use like 3 tbsp). Melt the butter on med-hi- when it starts to bubble, add the vegetables (peppers, onions, garlic). Sprinkle with salt and pepper just after adding (before it starts steaming like crazy, lol, this is a steam up the kitchen recipe ;) ). Mix the vegetables to coat them in olive oil/butter. I usually end up cooking this on high pretty much the whole time. You have to get all of the water out of the vegetables. They're done when they start to carmelize (when the butter starts to turn brown on them), and there's no water left. It'll be a little wet from the oil, but... you'll know what I mean. :P

Cooking the chicken:
Since it's already in the skillet, just add a pat of butter (we love butter here, haha... adds such good flavor), and turn it on. Cook the chicken until there's no liquid left. We cook it on med-hi.

Serving! Put the peppers/onions/garlic in a bowl, put the chicken on top. Done!

Mediterranean Salad:
This idea came from a salad the Greenwise Publix downtown makes... it's $7.99 for the salad, so we decided to make it ourselves. Tastes even better and costs way less.

For 3-4 servings (we like to have some for lunch the next day)

-1 bag pre-washed romaine lettuce
-1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
-2 tomatoes
-1/2 red onion (use less if you want :D)
-Feta cheese to taste (I LOVE CHEEEESE)
-About 1/4 cup kalamata olives, drained... I've never measured, just guessing (pitted... we use Lindsay brand because they do not use preservatives)
-About 1.5 tbsp capers, drained... never measured this, either, lol (we use Fragata, Alessi, or Lindsay as they do not have preservatives)
-Olive oil
-Pesto (we use one that consists of only olive oil and nothing unnatural... can't remember brand)

Chop up the romaine and baby spinach. Cut tomatoes into cubes. Dice red onion. Slice up olives. Drain capers. Combine all those ingredients. To make dressing, mix olive oil and pesto until you have desired consistency. Pour dressing over salad, mix in. Put feta cheese on top. EAT! Feel free to add chicken. :)

Last edited by kfish; 02-27-2012 at 07:29 PM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #189 
cjayBetta

Oooo awesome.. filling up my book here!
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #190 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote