I am one of *those* people who can manage to make a salad kind of unhealthy, and this happens to be the last thing I ate as well.
Truth is, I like eating food that's basically good for you... and a lot of it. So, yeah.
- Like half a bag of lettuce
- Chunks of ham (lunch meat, pre-cooked boneless ham, whatever)
- Cheese. Brie is a-ma-zing in this, but cheddars are excellent too, especially the imported Kerrygold cheddars. I'm lucky enough to live in Iowa, so Maytag Blue is a distinct contender as well.
- Tons and tons of Italian salad dressing. Like... tons.
- A hunk of French bread (to mop up the Italian dressing in the bottom of the bowl). I'm serious about my Italian dressing and not afraid to get cross-cultural with my bread. ;)
- Any other vegetables you might wanna throw in--snow peas, cherry tomatoes, peppers, etc.
- Any fruits you might want to throw in--apples, pears, cherries, whatever, as long as it tastes good with the vinegar dressing. Apples are really nice, especially Cortland or Fuji apples--really nice and crispy, sweet white flesh. (Again: Iowa. Apples grow like crazy here.)
- If you're in a weird mood? Goldfish crackers. I will not apologize for this.
Throw it all together, except the French bread. Go back for seconds and maybe thirds.
Yes, I'm a teenager... how did you guess? Albeit one who likes Brie cheese, and I think that earns me a little credit at least.
If you want a more serious recipe, I can make some absolutely *boss* French Onion soup using this recipe, which is on my blog and has some pictures and stuff in it even.